• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

A. Rodgers, Intentional grounding and general other bs

Matt62881

1 minute ago, 1of10Charnatives said:

Never heard anyone bring this up but under current rules inclined to agree. Not sure I agree this means spiking should be removed as an option, but they should probably change the rule if they want to keep it in.

It doesn't make any sense, either get outside the tackle box, or make a player run a route and throw it over his head...it's just another way to give the offense a break.

1 minute ago, thefuzz said:

It doesn't make any sense, either get outside the tackle box, or make a player run a route and throw it over his head...it's just another way to give the offense a break.

Well they lose the down and I’m inclined to think that’s penalty enough. I think if you try to get into making a player run a route, now the league has to get into defining what constitutes sufficient action to meet this criteria, and I could see that becoming a can of worms.

Just now, 1of10Charnatives said:

Well they lose the down and I’m inclined to think that’s penalty enough. I think if you try to get into making a player run a route, now the league has to get into defining what constitutes sufficient action to meet this criteria, and I could see that becoming a can of worms.

You just enforce the rule as it stands now.

QB is in the tackle box and throws the ball nowhere near an intended pass catcher, intentional grounding.

I think the rule for a spike is it has to be immediately after the snap, meaning if you bobble the snap, you can't pick it up and ground the ball without a penalty. It's like an exception to the rule based on it being a clock management play without any real design. 

32 minutes ago, OneBadCat said:

It honestly just makes you not want to watch the game anymore. It's just a shitty NFL product and the league doesn't care about making the game truly fair. Neither do the officials. You put in a new review rule and they just ignore it because they are indignant and petty.

Yes it does yet i still watch every Sunday, hell if i know why, college is reffed better. Boger and Hoculi are the worst and somehow get gsmes of the week and primetime so wtf?

1 hour ago, Matt62881 said:

Every time he is about to get sacked he spikes it into the ground or near the back of the lineman, KA would not get away with this not to mention you cant touch the guy. I know this is a well known fact but im venting because id love to nock that s*** eating grin after every call he gets off his face.

It was extremely frustrating.  He grounded it something like 5 times.  Ridiculous.

14 minutes ago, hanklee89 said:

I think the rule for a spike is it has to be immediately after the snap, meaning if you bobble the snap, you can't pick it up and ground the ball without a penalty. It's like an exception to the rule based on it being a clock management play without any real design. 

The design is almost always to attempt to score more points, hence benefitting the offense, that already gets too much of the benefit.

In my opinion it should cost you the yardage.

My blood is boiling....but truthfully GB isnt winning anything with that garbage pass D and we arent winning anyhing with our garbage run D. Gb has 1 great wr, if Bradberry was there he would be gone but the refs are the difference unfortunately...usually i dont fully blame it on the refs but this was atrocious, and yes i believe CMC was actually in or he would have extended the ball.

2 hours ago, Matt62881 said:

Yes both lines werent good honestly but kyle did good considering...the d on the other hand against the run was abysmal. However the secondary even with all the groin injuries stood stout besides 17 pulling in that amazing catch. The D did enough exspecially when we stopped them in their own endzone... The penalty was deflating but the score still was close regardless, if not for the refs wr probably win. Also the D came up big on that 4th down holding them to no pts, gotta give a little credit at least a D+.

I agree but making excuses ain't my bag. We didn't play well enough to win. Yes, that rigging the passer call was BS but the defense stops needs to do there job. That amazing catch by 17, wasn't that amazing. The defender,  I believe it was Cockrell, never located the ball. He was hoping he'd get lucky and deflect the ball and or distract the receiver. Technique is very coachable. 

1 hour ago, PantherPhann89 said:

I agree but making excuses ain't my bag. We didn't play well enough to win. Yes, that rigging the passer call was BS but the defense stops needs to do there job. That amazing catch by 17, wasn't that amazing. The defender,  I believe it was Cockrell, never located the ball. He was hoping he'd get lucky and deflect the ball and or distract the receiver. Technique is very coachable. 

On the 17 catch if that had been Bradberry it would have been incomplete...hell Bradberry might have been the difference in the game. Yea both our lines were bad but we could have won regardless, like i said in another post if GB doesnt improve and we dont improve neither of us are gonna go far in the post season. However if we improve i think we can run the table...the saints lost to the falcons and we are 2 games back, fix our run D and its on.

3 hours ago, thefuzz said:

IMO spiking the ball to stop the clock should be an intentional grounding call.

It was grounding at one point years ago, then they decided to just allow spiking.  They used to snap it and throw it right over a receivers head towards the sideline.

Archived