• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Am I the only one...

PantherBrew

He really is our MVP. 75% of the time, D-Lo and J-Stew simply follow him before the break out. It's almost as if he's running a route himself rather than becoming a battering ram. Fiametta is nowhere near his talent level and as we've seen, the run game suffers when Hoov ain't in there. But...Hoover isn't getting any younger. Hopefully he can train Fiametta properly.

Yeah since Fiametta has so little playing time. As long as we have TF there, I think we should play up to his skills. Wasn't he pretty versatile at Syracuse? Teams won't be expecting him for checkdowns and what not.

http://suathletics.com/news/2009/4/26/FB_0426094727.aspx

"Fiammetta played in 44 games at Syracuse, as a fullback and on special teams. In 2008, he was a receiving threat out of the backfield and is the third-leading receiver (16 receptions for 127 yards). In his four years at Syracuse, Fiammetta had 16 carries for 89 yards, including a career-long 58-yard run at Cincinnati in his final game for the Orange, and 28 receptions for 202 yards and one touchdown."

Yeah since Fiametta has so little playing time. As long as we have TF there, I think we should play up to his skills. Wasn't he pretty versatile at Syracuse? Teams won't be expecting him for checkdowns and what not.

http://suathletics.com/news/2009/4/26/FB_0426094727.aspx

"Fiammetta played in 44 games at Syracuse, as a fullback and on special teams. In 2008, he was a receiving threat out of the backfield and is the third-leading receiver (16 receptions for 127 yards). In his four years at Syracuse, Fiammetta had 16 carries for 89 yards, including a career-long 58-yard run at Cincinnati in his final game for the Orange, and 28 receptions for 202 yards and one touchdown."

I know he's a rookie but he's dropped two important passes this year already. I know he has to get groomed for his eventual take-over as starter but he scares me right now.

If hoover can't go against the saints, and being that fiametta suffered a concussion(which means he probably can't play for a few weeks) who in the hell is gonna play fullback? we joked around last night that stewart could play the fullback position for a couple weeks.....imagine the blocks he would get! but we know that won't happen.

Anyone else concerned that Fiammetta was also out due to a concussion? I appreciate he is no where in Hoover's league, but that leaves us with a gapping whole at FB if neither clears up. For a power running team that is kinda important...

you beat me to it....sorry.:rolleyes:

Archived