• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If we lose out, we get a high draft pick

beastson

1 minute ago, Growl said:

i can't stomach sitting through another inplosion only for us to be talking about taking some freakin lineman come draft season

go get a franchise QB

Well thats what we deserve for not doing it when our franchise MVP QB was healthy. The chickens have come to roost.

11 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Every time we get knocked out of the playoffs (which I don't even know if we are yet) with a half decent record, people start wishing for this.

I have yet to see it happen.

And then everyone loses their minds like all the other teams tank on purpose for draft picks.  NFL teams do not lose on purpose.  

3 minutes ago, firefox1234 said:

Well thats what we deserve for not doing it when our franchise MVP QB was healthy. The chickens have come to roost.

We essentially brought back everyone on the o-line after the 2015 season... we had one of the top lines in 2015 and Cam was hurt in 2016. I think it was assumed the same offensive line would work.

5 minutes ago, ChrisSimmsspleen said:

And then everyone loses their minds like all the other teams tank on purpose for draft picks.  NFL teams do not lose on purpose.  

I wish they did.

It actually be more pleasant to think that we were trying to look this bad.

33 minutes ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

What so the new QB can get killed like Cam and Kyle?  No thanks, fix the lines and then build around them.

i knew somebody was going to make this stupid argument and already laughed in advance at how terrible it is

Let's lay out a few of the vast army of reasons it is

1. The NFL doesn't work this way

2. lol at suggesting the team should pass on a franchise QB to take a Center. Given that's where the bulwark of the pressure is coming from, I'm assuming that's what you mean

3 lol at suggesting a lineman is more critical to a teams success than a QB. You may not admit it's what you're saying-but it absolutely is.

4 this team has made some pretty big investments in the OL as it is. Little and Daley will be getting  opportunity next season like it or not.

5 what if I told you you can get more than one player in an offseason. I know Panthers fans have been brainwashed into thinking that a 1st round pick is the only way you can improve your roster each season, but there is this thing called free agency that exists and is just sitting there waiting for the Panthers to acknowledge it's existence.

6 minutes ago, Growl said:

i knew somebody was going to make this stupid argument and already laughed in advance at how terrible it is

Let's lay out a few of the vast army of reasons it is

1. The NFL doesn't work this way

2. lol at suggesting the team should pass on a franchise QB to take a Center. Given that's where the bulwark of the pressure is coming from, I'm assuming that's what you mean

3 lol at suggesting a lineman is more critical to a teams success than a QB. You may not admit it's what you're saying-but it absolutely is.

4 this team has made some pretty big investments in the OL as it is. Little and Daley will be getting  opportunity next season like it or not.

5 what if I told you you can get more than one player in an offseason. I know Panthers fans have been brainwashed into thinking that a 1st round pick is the only way you can improve your roster each season, but there is this thing called free agency that exists and is just sitting there waiting for the Panthers to acknowledge it's existence.

Hurney 1.0 ran this experiment.  3 winning seasons out of 9 w/a broken down franchise QB was the result.

Archived