• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Alot to look foward to Offense..Stop the pity party

Matt62881

Im tired of all the posters who are negative about the talent on this team and i feel they don't have a clue what they are watching so i figured id help with a breakdown of our starting units including Alt. Package starters.

OFFENSE

QB- Cam Newton, Kyle Allen, Will Grier

Cam Newton- Once in a lifetime player, who in early 2018, showed what he could be while knicked up with just a little bit of help. Had a great completion percentage and was winning games both from the pocket and with his elite ability to run.

Kyle Allen- A backup Qb that has at times shown the possibility of being a starter, very inconsistent but can win you some games. Has a weak arm that i was hoping would be fixed minimally through the weight room.

Will Grier- A developmental raw QB, this is why he made it to the 3rd round. He needs to sit back and develop hopefully behind Cam.

WRS

D.J. Moore- 905 yards. This guy is going to go over 1k , runs great routes, wins contested catches, is a very physical runner after the catch and some of you have the audacity to throw any shade his way. On pace to being an elite wr in this league.

Curtis Samuel- 476 yds, 4 tds. This kid even after missing alot of time just does his job. He is the perfect 2nd outside wr that can stretch the field, has good hands, and has made some contested catches. I cant say enough about this kid he has gotten behind almost every defense he has played including today but had been underthrown to the tone of how many more yards and tds we will never know.

Jarius Wright- love this guy as a slot wr, has not played as well this year as last but i think hes fine. He has made quite a few clutch catches this year and has done most of what id like to see.

HB

CMC- I hope i dont have to say anything about him...on pace to be a HOF.

REG- Should have been used more this year has talent, not much else to say as there isnt alot to go on.

TE

Greg Olsen- Future HOF, hope he plays another year, him and CMC run the best routes and have the best hands on the team.

Manhertz- Blocking TE who imo, doesn't block any better then Ian.

Ian- Very underused this year, i dont understand it, athletic with good hands.

OLINE

Tackles

Dayley, Moton, Williams, and Little- Decided to group these guys because i feel similar about all but williams. These guys are young but have shown flashes, i feel our tackle situation will be better next year with some consistency and experience. We could use a veteran in place of Williams as since his injury he has been garbage. If they feel his injury will heal and its a possibility of him returning to form i wouldnt mind him back for a year. Moton had a down year and i would bet on him returning to form.

Interior OLINE

GVR, Paradis, Turner, Larsen- These guys might be our worst position group exspecially on the offense. We need to draft a C minimum 2nd round and load up when possible in the draft. I think there might be a possibility of Paradis being better with another year with us but wouldn't bank on it. Wouldnt mind seeing FAs here as well obviousely.

OC-Norv I think his playcalling between the 20s has been great for the most part but his redzone playcalling might be some of the worst ive ever seen. Either he needs help in the redzone with his playcalling or he needs to be gone.

Slye- Man i thought he was gonna be better, either need Gano back or get a new kicker if we need the cap. We should have had Butker what can i say?

My conclusion on offense is being outcoached and being atrocious in the redzone. I think even our oline issues can be worked with, we have scored pts just sometimes cant even on the 1 yrd line wich has cost us far too many games. At times before we are out of games our oline has held, overall our offense has the capability to go all the way if handled correctly. Even our depth at other positions is as good as needed put alot of our problems on coaching.

Doing the defense next.

Without going into each individual player I’ll just say that the current talent level on this team isn’t good enough to win consistently in the NFL. 
Cam might/might not be a dominant qb again. Have two developmental backups. 
o-line is our biggest weakness on offense. Can’t point to one guy and say he’s going to be a star.

Got CMC and then nobody else sees the field

Olsen is playing well but his clock is ticking . Could be done after this season. Have hope for Thomas. Think he will be good.

Turner is good between the 20’s, terrible in the red zone.

Slye won’t be on the team next year.

8 minutes ago, mc52beast said:

Without going into each individual player I’ll just say that the current talent level on this team isn’t good enough to win consistently in the NFL. 
Cam might/might not be a dominant qb again. Have two developmental backups. 
o-line is our biggest weakness on offense. Can’t point to one guy and say he’s going to be a star.

Got CMC and then nobody else sees the field

Olsen is playing well but his clock is ticking . Could be done after this season. Have hope for Thomas. Think he will be good.

Turner is good between the 20’s, terrible in the red zone.

Slye won’t be on the team next year.

You pretty much compressed what i said ib my comment above besides i like our recieving core, thank you for an intelligent reply though.

Skill positions are enough.

The shuffling and lack of any kind of testicles on the O line is where the problem lies with me. As a collective group which is how a line is graded to me is absolutely atrocious.

Also I think there is more than meets the eye.  I watched Kyle Allen get blasted by 2 Redskins on a missed block by Olsen.  Greg looked down at Allen, turned and walked away.  That is a problem.

2 minutes ago, motocross_cat said:

Skill positions are enough.

The shuffling and lack of any kind of testicles on the O line is where the problem lies with me. As a collective group which is how a line is graded to me is absolutely atrocious.

Also I think there is more than meets the eye.  I watched Kyle Allen get blasted by 2 Redskins on a missed block by Olsen.  Greg looked down at Allen, turned and walked away.  That is a problem.

Greg is done too.  He’s been  great for the Panthers, but it’s time he retire.  He looks like grandpa out there.  

2 minutes ago, manu4t said:

Wont agree or disagree but give you pie for the analysis and making the thread

Thanks, i really just wanted to see if anyone else had intelligent breakdowns on any of the players even if the opinion differed from mine. Doesnt seem like this boards thing though, much more of the ahhhh everyone sucks and they have all year.

1 minute ago, Matt62881 said:

Thanks, i really just wanted to see if anyone else had intelligent breakdowns on any of the players even if the opinion differed from mine. Doesnt seem like this boards thing though, much more of the ahhhh everyone sucks and they have all year.

samuels sucks

3 minutes ago, ickmule said:

Greg is done too.  He’s been  great for the Panthers, but it’s time he retire.  He looks like grandpa out there.  

He does look like grandpa lol, he just looks like he hurts. But man one more year, haha, he still makes some spectacular catches and sneaks wide open. He shouldn't be asked to block though.

Archived