• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Moving on to New Orleans...predictions.

Lumps

Ok so we had a great game vs. Arizona. Which is good because the game vs. the Cardinals is in more ways than not a mini-prequel to the saint game. Notice the word 'mini'. Now it is time to move on to NO...the real beast.

I said earlier in this year if we are to get anywhere (if we go anywhere) we will have to beat the saints at least once, its not something we can avoid. The Saints play very similar to the Cardinals, except for the fact that they have a running game to back up their passing game, something the Cardinals have not had this year. I don't even want to get into running well against the 'no. 1 run defense' because I don't believe in those kind of stats at all.

In my opinion Brees is a better, quicker QB than Warner. Maybe not as much experience but this is replaced with energy. An energy the panthers will have to keep up with on the ground AND in the air. A true test of our defense.

This game will come down to how well our defense is going to play and how long they can hold up, and the turnovers they can create, much like Arizona. I for one, love to see an underdog derail an undefeated team. Nothing is more satisfying to know we are responsible for that '1' in their record. I look forward to the opportunity the Panthers are going to have next week.

Unfortunately I just don't see us keeping up...I was wrong about the Cardinals but I think the reason we got to Warner so many times is there was practically ZERO run game wearing down our front.

My prediction if the saints win tonight:

NO 27

CAR 17

If they lose:

NO 21

CAR 24

the saints are a much better team than the cardinals. their defense is also very good. i expect a different outcome and after our game last week, they will surely not take us lightly at all and will be prepared. they will still go 8 in the box and force jake to beat us. our hope is to get batted balls at the line. we got them yesterday while rushing only 3! we need the same defensive performance and multiple turnovers while giving none away. it could happen, but it's unlikely.

saints 36

panthers 20

I don't know how we will do and either do our players. We will play hard and try our best. It is hard to figure the Saints also. They are better on defense this year and their offense is similar to last year. Still for 7 quarters last year we kept them to a total of 14 points. They could blow us out or it could be a game, who knows.

One thing to note is that they will not be daring Jake to throw. Although he has had a pretty bad year so far this year, he has always had the Saint's number and it has been through the air than he has killed them. They will be giving him a lot more credit than people on this site will.

Perhaps so p55 but with the way Jake has been playing (overall) I wouldn't be surprised to see them stack the box and dare him to throw. With any luck Jake can then do his usual (not this years) aerial assault against them.

Williams will be aggressive, I don't know if that will be run blitz or put 8 in the box or whatever, but you can count on pressure. Jake will have to have a good game to beat them. Still it showed yesterday that when you load the box and we find a seam, there is no containment behind them and we can find some long runs. The issue will really be how much pressure does their offense put on us to catch up forcing us to throw continually and abandoning the run. As long as we keep it close we can continue to run. If we get behind, it will be a long day. Their defense is better because their offense takes teams out of their running game and makes them one dimensional.

Perhaps so p55 but with the way Jake has been playing (overall) I wouldn't be surprised to see them stack the box and dare him to throw. With any luck Jake can then do his usual (not this years) aerial assault against them.

It's also worth noting that the Saints secondary in particular is much improved. Darren Sharper is having a great year.

55, right on. We wont be able to play catch up all day and have a good game. If we can keep the scores tight we will have a awesome game. I have seen Jake play some of his better games under unreal pressure, coming from behind too. We got a great team of players on all accounts when they playing at their best. We should not be where we are today, we "can" play some darn good football. If we take this win we might be unstopable the rest of the season, Go Panthers!

Honestly, I know how tough the Saints are but we have to remember one thing.

It's a division rivalry game, stats don't matter, rankings don't matter, poo the gameplan barely matters as far as I'm concerned. It's gonna come down to how badly the Panthers want to keep this season alive. We've sweeped the 'Aints two years in a row now IIRC and they think this years their year.

But we've now seen what this team can do when they stick to the right gameplan and execute properly. This is going to be one hell of a game.

If we take this win we might be unstopable the rest of the season, Go Panthers!

This is what I am hoping for. The amount confidence gained through a divisional win against the undefeated (as of now) Saints, at NO, absolutely HUGE. Nothing is bigger. The fact that they play tonight also gives them one day less of rest/planning for us. I know the odds are pretty slim...but maybe... I have no fear our running game will be on fire it's all about stopping Brees and keeping their points down.

The thing about Division Games is that everything gets thrown out the window. The Saints that terrorize the rest of the NFL will not be the Saints we see. The Panthers that have the #1 Passing D will not be the team they see. Division Games are ugly, usually. We know how to cotain Brees for the most part, and they know what we're going to do before we do it. I do not expect a low-scoring slugfest, but I do not expect a high scoring affair.

Saints 24

Panthers 17

But we 100% can upset them. I hope it happens.

Archived