• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

My take on Cam Newton

ellis

5 hours ago, ellis said:

Some folks in the media were talking about Kyle Allen replacing Cam Newton as the franchise quarterback. Also, a big factor in those losses last season was a nonexistent pass rush and terrible third and long defense. He was efficient in the Seattle game, and that was lost by the defense. He picked apart the number one defense in the league last season in Baltimore. He put up 35 points in one half vs TB with great playcalling and great effort from his complementary pieces. But he also made some tremendously smart, tight-window throws. He ran, and ran often over the first 3/4 of last year. 

Overhyped? Yes, I believe many on the national level have overhyped what he’s dealing with. I think the proper amount of hype is to be generally concerned about how his foot will respond from surgery. And yes, long-term, the shoulder will probably be an issue again. But over the next 3 to 4 years, maybe there’s a window for another championship run.

But I respect your opinion man.

This restrained response, along with the many informative posts you regularly grace us with, are models we all should emulate.

Without a DOUBT, you are the MVP (Most Valuable Poster) on this site.  Thanks for all you provide us -- the videos, the judgments, the analyses, the whole shebang.

24 minutes ago, ellis said:

I’m not in the camp that believes cam would be against playing next year under the current contract. I’ve seen people share that opinion, but I haven’t seen any official reporting behind that. He may very well not want to do that, but I don’t think he would hold out for an entire season over it.

Yeah, I certainly understand wondering if he would be, but I haven't seen any report that he definitively wouldn't be.

8 hours ago, WoahW said:
10 hours ago, Tepper's Chest Hair said:

Doesn't sound like it?  Based on what?  Has there been a single source citing Newton's camp saying he is not willing to play out this year without an extension?

I know, I know.  You won't actually respond to this, because you see me as just saying "SEZ YOU" when all I am doing is asking you to back up your statements.  

9 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

That mock has them passing on Justin Herbert to take Tua.

@Mr. Scot you mind answering the above? What source has indicated Cam won’t finish his contract out? 

thanks 

Scot....??

13 hours ago, SBiii said:

Scot....??

There’s nothing to indicate it other than somebody’s “sources” saying Cam has been asking for extension. The argument that most players won’t play that last year out is a good one but there’s nothing indicating that Cam will hold out or ask for a trade. The thing is that no one is giving Cam the benefit of the doubt and they’re assuming he’ll just leave if he doesn’t get an extension. I dont know Cam or Cam’s people but Cam has shown enough as a person and as a professional to squash any idea of of him holding out. If Cam gets traded it would be on the FO. I don’t think they’ll make any decisions until they hire a coach but any coach that would rather have a rookie QB over a year trial of Cam isn’t going to win us anything.   

Archived