• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I still shake my head in wonder and awe

tiger7_88

Just now, The Natural said:

Are we pretending that we didn't lose our starting QB for a majority of the past two seasons? How has Dave been doing in NY?

We are pretending 14 years of history don’t matter. 

We are pretending that we didn’t hire a GM that no other team in the NFL will even call for ANY job. 

Don’t care what happens with the Giants. Never have. Do we count them being a train wreck when he took over? Or are excuses only for Hurney.  But what were the excuses in 2011-12 when Hurney had driven the team to worst in the NFL and cap hell?

If you think Hurney sucks, what’s the issue. No one brought up a GM that been gone almost 3 years. The concern is the one STILL here and sending the team spiraling down the drain....again. What does anything DG does have to do with this team right now? 

6 minutes ago, Toomers said:

We are pretending 14 years of history don’t matter. 

We are pretending that we didn’t hire a GM that no other team in the NFL will even call for ANY job. 

Don’t care what happens with the Giants. Never have. Do we count them being a train wreck when he took over? Or are excuses only for Hurney.  But what were the excuses in 2011-12 when Hurney had driven the team to worst in the NFL and cap hell?

If you think Hurney sucks, what’s the issue. No one brought up a GM that been gone almost 3 years. The concern is the one STILL here and sending the team spiraling down the drain....again. What does anything DG does have to do with this team right now? 

He probably thinks he's a great GM but saying that out loud is an indefensible position right now.  So he's couching it in "hurr they both suck" and doing a really poor, transparent job of it.  It's like when somebody's talking about how our defense sucks but they're being really hard on Eric Reid in particular.  You can see the subtext.

He'll be at the forefront of the circle jerk along with the other usual suspects when Hurney has his annual Best Draft in the League in 2020.

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

So your argument for why we were bad in 2011 and 2012 is that Cam Newton wasn't very good...

Gotcha.

Like Peyton Manning and everyone before him, he showed flashes of brilliance but needed to mature on his decisions

Imagining not understanding that QBs improve as the enter their prime

1 minute ago, bobowilson said:

Like Peyton Manning and everyone before him, he showed flashes of brilliance but needed to mature on his decisions

Imagining not understanding that QBs improve as the enter their prime

Imagine not understanding that nobody cares how many pro bowlers you have when you're not winning.

9 minutes ago, bobowilson said:

What a lousy team Gettleman took over

The best QB in the NFL, a generational talent, who won league MVP

The best linebacker in a decade

12 Pro Bowlers

3-4 Hall of Famers

Horrible roster.  Poor Gettleman

I’m only here for Cam and he’s been the best QB one year. And Hurney didn’t even come to Auburn to work him out or see him. That was Rivera and Shula(who was the biggest supporter of Cam) 

Agree on Luke. 

Who are these Pro Bowlers? What about the 50M of dead cap space? How about those 2009-12 drafts minus Cam Luke? Or does that not fit in?

5 minutes ago, Toomers said:

And Hurney didn’t even come to Auburn to work him out or see him. That was Rivera and Shula(who was the biggest supporter of Cam) 

This is funny

So Hurney, a decade plus tenured general manager, delegated his authorities on the #1 pick, the most important decision in franchise history, to a lowly quarterbacks coach who was not even OC yet, who got his job because of his father

This shows you the insane mental gymnastics Gettleman cultists engage in

Just now, bobowilson said:

This is funny

So Hurney, a decade plus tenured general manager, delegated his authorities on the #1 pick, the most important decision in franchise history, to a lowly quarterbacks coach who was not even OC yet, who got his job because of his father

Dude, you have zero credibility to criticize anybody about mental gymnastics.

I can tell you that pretty much everybody else at this point recognizes that Hurney sucks. you're one of maybe two or three people that is still making any attempt to justify him for Lord only knows what reasons.

Marty is a terrible general manager. It's been proven time and time again. I don't know if you have some kind of weird loyalty to him just because he drafted Newton, but if that's your reason, you should remember that he's also the guy who built terrible teams around him.

Just now, The NFL Shield At Midfield said:

This reminds me of some of the best work of CPantherKing, the guy who bragged about what a great pick Gary Barnidge was when he made that fluke Pro Bowl at like age 30

Not sure which guy you're talking about, but I think the guy arguing that he's great because of the pro bowlers is an actual true believer.

I've seen one or two guys here who seem to believe they owe some kind of loyalty to Marty just because he drafted Cam. It's a pretty convoluted way of thinking given that Marty built terrible teams around Cam but hey, some people have some really off-the-wall thought processes.

1 minute ago, bobowilson said:

This is funny

I don’t know what he did with any other pick, but I’m 100% sure that Rivera made the final call on Cam I didn’t say Shula made any decision.but he pounded the table for Cam from day one. 

But Hurney agreed. So it’s his. But Cam sucked for two years so maybe the pick wasn’t that good. Or is that an excuse for a different question? 

2 minutes ago, Toomers said:

I don’t know what he did with any other pick, but I’m 100% sure that Rivera made the final call on Cam I didn’t say Shula made any decision.but he pounded the table for Cam from day one. 

Defensive minded coach who was just hired and has never coached a game in the NFL, makes the most important decision in franchise history and allowed to play general manager on a quarterback

Who shot Kennedy?

Archived