• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Lions #3 pick up for grabs?

Reebis21

9 hours ago, Reebis21 said:

Been reading a lot about this 3rd pick and what the Lions might want to do with it.

What we know:

Apparently their ownership gave management the “one more year or heads will roll” speech while also publicly stating this to the fans.

What we can assume:

The odds of the Lions drafting a QB here are probably pretty slim because this regime most likely won’t trust a rookie QB to save all their jobs

Why we would want it:

I know a lot can change from now until the draft but I’d assume we only make a jump is if it’s for a QB. The only QB that makes since to trade up for if not Burrow is Tua. We’d need to leapfrog Miami and possibly the Chargers, who both could be targeting Tua.

What do we offer:

Based on the draft pick value chart...

Trade 1

Panthers trade Cam to the Chargers for their 2nd & 3rd rd

Trade 2

Panthers trade #7 overall, the Chargers 2nd & 3rd rd for Lion’s #3 overall pick 

Why the trades could work:

Chargers are moving into their new stadium and need a spark. To bring in Cam while still possessing their 1st rounder would be a nice get

Lions obviously add more picks to this year’s draft class. A future 1st attached to this year’s 1st does nothing for this current regime. A 1st, 2 2nds and 2 3rds to draft with this year would be nice.

Would y’all make this move? Is this unrealistic af? Does it surprisingly make sense all around? What are your thoughts?

Too many moving parts...Burrow or Young...that's only names to move up for.Again, Cam's health ...

9 hours ago, Reebis21 said:

Been reading a lot about this 3rd pick and what the Lions might want to do with it.

What we know:

Apparently their ownership gave management the “one more year or heads will roll” speech while also publicly stating this to the fans.

What we can assume:

The odds of the Lions drafting a QB here are probably pretty slim because this regime most likely won’t trust a rookie QB to save all their jobs

Why we would want it:

I know a lot can change from now until the draft but I’d assume we only make a jump is if it’s for a QB. The only QB that makes since to trade up for if not Burrow is Tua. We’d need to leapfrog Miami and possibly the Chargers, who both could be targeting Tua.

What do we offer:

Based on the draft pick value chart...

Trade 1

Panthers trade Cam to the Chargers for their 2nd & 3rd rd

Trade 2

Panthers trade #7 overall, the Chargers 2nd & 3rd rd for Lion’s #3 overall pick 

Why the trades could work:

Chargers are moving into their new stadium and need a spark. To bring in Cam while still possessing their 1st rounder would be a nice get

Lions obviously add more picks to this year’s draft class. A future 1st attached to this year’s 1st does nothing for this current regime. A 1st, 2 2nds and 2 3rds to draft with this year would be nice.

Would y’all make this move? Is this unrealistic af? Does it surprisingly make sense all around? What are your thoughts?

Hell No!....we are just as bad in terms of needs...now I could see trading Cam or another asset and using the 2nd and 3rds getting CB and Oline DT and a Safety.  Or stocking piling their picks for next year.

10 hours ago, WOW!! said:

If you're trading Cam how the fug is getting Tua a better option...  He's smaller and injury prone...

idk. I'm not for it. I was being sarcastic. I don't want Tua in the first. Not with his injury concern. It's a huge gamble. WIth Cam we at least know he'll have a better shot at being ready and we know what we have with him. Tua is INJURED and an unknown at the moment. Rather stick with Cam. 

Archived