• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

It's clear now that Tepper saw Rivera as the Problem.

Snake

9 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

Ron never wanted to 3-4 here. He did it because Tepper forced him to. 

I doubt Tepper said " I want a 3-4".

It was probably more like  " Ron, your defense is horrible.  You need to get this fixed, NOW!".  And Ron thought this was a potential solution without a personnel overhaul.

1 minute ago, jamos14 said:

I doubt Tepper said " I want a 3-4".

It was probably more like  " Ron, your defense is horrible.  You need to get this fixed, NOW!".  And Ron thought this was a potential solution without a personnel overhaul.

I could see that but on the same coin, Ron hates 3-4. I highly doubt he would have made that switch himself, it came from somewhere higher up. 

4 minutes ago, TheRed said:

Is there a source for this?

I don’t have one. I say Tepper but it could have been Hurney, or all three of them. I don’t see Ron switching to a 3-4 without some serious pressure from above though as for his propensity to dislike it and the amount he plays nickel. 

Just now, Harbingers said:

I don’t have one. I say Tepper but it could have been Hurney, or all three of them. I don’t see Ron switching to a 3-4 without some serious pressure from above though as for his propensity to dislike it and the amount he plays nickel. 

So basically you're pulling it out of your ass?

Do you have any comment on Rivera's 7-16 record in the NFCS the last 4 years?

Is that Tepper's fault too?

3 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

I could see that but on the same coin, Ron hates 3-4. I highly doubt he would have made that switch himself, it came from somewhere higher up. 

Rivera doesn't hate the 3-4. He ran it quite successfully for most of the time when he was the DC in San Diego.

People figured that's what he'd run here too, but the choice of Sean McDermott may have changed that. McDermott was more of a 4-3 guy having run the Jim Johnson scheme in Philadelphia.

4 minutes ago, TheRed said:

So basically you're pulling it out of your ass?

Do you have any comment on Rivera's 7-16 record in the NFCS the last 4 years?

Is that Tepper's fault too?

We sucked at 3-4 this year. We didn’t have the personnel and what little we had to possibly make it good got injured. That’s not on Rivera. That’s on Hurney. Without a Wilfork/Shelton caliber NT the scheme just can’t protect gaps. If that’s what we wanted we would have been better of keeping Star. 

Do you have any comment on Hurney crafted teams being 3-15 in the back half of the past two seasons after players go down for injury yet?

5 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Rivera doesn't hate the 3-4. He ran it quite successfully for most of the time when he was the DC in San Diego.

People figured that's what he'd run here too, but the choice of Sean McDermott may have changed that. McDermott was more of a 4-3 guy having run the Jim Johnson scheme in Philadelphia.

I should say come to hate*.

Archived