• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

It's clear now that Tepper saw Rivera as the Problem.

Snake

With the retaining of Hurney and his extended power to retain players and search for a new head coach Tepper has made it clear. 

For one Rivera was not good enough for the talent around him. 

Secondly he was never going to be good enough to use the talent Hurney brings him. 

While no matter if you agree with it or not Hurney to save his job has convinced Tepper he is a draft guru and turn problems of the Panthers rest on the back of Riverboat Ron. 

2 minutes ago, Snake said:

With the retaining of Hurney and his extended power to retain players and search for a new head coach Tepper has made it clear. 

For one Rivera was not good enough for the talent around him. 

Secondly he was never going to be good enough to use the talent Hurney brings him. 

While no matter if you agree with it or not Hurney to save his job has convinced Tepper he is a draft guru and turn problems of the Panthers rest on the back of Riverboat Ron. 

It was beyond time for a change. This team became increasingly soft under Rivera and losing the leadership of Cam and TD didn’t help. I’m disappointed that Hurney’s been retained but the overhaul of this team had to start somewhere. I wish Riverboat well in DC but it’s time for a new era in Carolina.

2 minutes ago, uncfan888 said:

If tepper can't see that Hurney is a part of the problem too, then tepper is also part of the problem

I still think Hurney remains GM only to “transition” us through the next draft b4 he’s “reassigned” or resigns. No facts - just a feeling.

What ever happened to Marty 2.0? Almost all you guys were singing the dudes praises all offseason of what a fantastic job he did managing the cap, bringing in timely free agents at key positions and not reaching in the draft. 

So the Panthers go 5-11 and all of a sudden Marty sucks?

Loll

I don’t think anybody can say that much quite yet. I understand what you’re getting at, and it has some validity. Marty is still here. Am I a fan of that? Not really. Doesn’t matter. Not my billions.

I think ultimately what they will do is hire an HC/executive combo, and give Marty specific responsibilities, probably micro-focused in college scouting. If I was keeping Marty in the building, that’s the approach I would take. Titles can be misleading. 

David Tepper (technically) doesn’t owe anybody an explanation, but he does enjoy talking to the media. Maybe when the dust settles a little bit, he can provide a little more clarity on who is doing what in the building. That would be an easy thing to communicate, and would help folks understand his vision for football operations. I’m confident he’ll lay that out at some point. At least, I hope he does.

He had to make the change. Even with “all the injuries” to our defense, we still had two solid safeties, above average corners (one who is about to be paid top dollar in league average), two of the best linebackers in the game, Gerald McCoy who was considered one of the better DTs is the league, former pro bowler Poe for the majority of the year, Addison who averages 9+ sacks year in and year out, one of the more promising rookies in the league in Burns, and Bruce Irvin. All that talent and we had literally one of the worst defenses in the league this year...Historically bad against the run. It was embarrassing and that alone was enough to move on from Ron. That’s his “strength” and we continued to get worse.

12 minutes ago, FeelTheBurns53 said:

What ever happened to Marty 2.0? Almost all you guys were singing the dudes praises all offseason of what a fantastic job he did managing the cap, bringing in timely free agents at key positions and not reaching in the draft. 

Loll

All of the sudden? Try 13 years of sucks. 

What talent? Rivera was working with back up quarterbacks, a bottom 5 o line, 1 middle of the road corner, 2 terrible cover safeties, an 80 year old TE, and 1 above average receiver.

People act like any coach would have been better. 

And most importantly a meddling owner that made their coach and defensive guru switch to a 3-4 with the wrong personal. You think Rivera thought those guys could fit into that defense. No.

12 minutes ago, FeelTheBurns53 said:

Loll

This behavior is par for the course on this forum...... been a forum member for quite a few years (sometimes ask myself why) but if you want rational and logical thinking, there are other options.....  

2 minutes ago, CardiacCat said:

This behavior is par for the course on this forum...... been a forum member for quite a few years (sometimes ask myself why) but if you want rational and logical thinking, there are other options.....  

What behavior? Holding someone accountable for the job there supposed to be doing? Should we praise a man who has a 23% success rate? 

8 minutes ago, CardiacCat said:

yep, you can go to reddit and see the least knowledgeable posts ever

Archived