• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

FA targets....

Panfan35

On 2/3/2020 at 7:19 PM, Jared Patterson said:

Free Agency                     Re-sign

Joe Thuney                    James Braberry

Robby Anderson            Tre Boston  

Jabaal Sheard               Gerald McCoy

Corey Littleton              Greg Van Roten

Logan Ryan                   Javien Elliot

Eric Ebron                     Mario Addison

LOOOOOOOOOOOOL yeah lets again let hurney retain an awful defense. Id like McCoy and thats it

21 hours ago, RumHam said:

LOOOOOOOOOOOOL yeah lets again let hurney retain an awful defense. Id like McCoy and thats it

I mean Id let Tre go if he wants to get paid a lot, but Im def resigning McCoy and Bradberry? Addison and especially Elliot would be cheap depth. If we could land anyone on the left of that list you would be happy.

I guess I should be first to go, so the keepers are: Addison, Bradberry, Cockrell, Hogan, Love, Van Roten, McGee, Elliott.  Bradberry is the big money guy there, obviously.  Anyone else fishing for big money can see themselves out the door.  Everyone outside of Bradberry will be rotation guys or pure backups.  No reason to drop big money on them.  

35 minutes ago, Jared Patterson said:

Im signing: Ha Ha Clinton Dix, Joe Thuney, Robby Anderson, Jabaal Sheard, Joe Schobert 

We could have had a shot at Ha-Ha last year and we passed on him.  This was of course before the team figured out Gaulden was garbage and had to sign Tre Boston in desperation before camp.

Gaulden...smh.  Freaking Hurney.

I'm not for signing a bunch of guys and would rather get the comp picks in 2021 when guys like McCoy, Irvin, Butler, Boston and Williams sign elsewhere.  That's the hope anyway.  Last year we signed so many high-profile FAs to try to extend our playoff window, that we get zero comp picks this draft.  When rebuilding, the last thing you need to do is sign away future potential comp picks.  The reason is twofold, veteran FAs would be taking valuable reps away from young guys and two, while rebuilding, you need to hoard as many draft picks as possible.

15 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

We could have had a shot at Ha-Ha last year and we passed on him.  This was of course before the team figured out Gaulden was garbage and had to sign Tre Boston in desperation before camp.

Gaulden...smh.  Freaking Hurney.

I'm not for signing a bunch of guys and would rather get the comp picks in 2021 when guys like McCoy, Irvin, Butler, Boston and Williams sign elsewhere.  That's the hope anyway.  Last year we signed so many high-profile FAs to try to extend our playoff window, that we get zero comp picks this draft.  When rebuilding, the last thing you need to do is sign away future potential comp picks.  The reason is twofold, veteran FAs would be taking valuable reps away from young guys and two, while rebuilding, you need to hoard as many draft picks as possible.

A lot of those guys have ties to us. Schobert(Al Holcomb) Anderson(Rhule) Sheard(our line coach)

On 2/4/2020 at 8:31 PM, Panfan35 said:

For some reason I really want to try and get josh Rosen from the Dolphins he just got on two bad football teams but he is not a bad player he was baited as best pure passer to come out in several years when he got drafted 2 years ago in the top 10. His first two years he has been put in bad situations 5 different offensive coordinators. 
Rosen has great arm talent and with Brady and our new system I think he would thrive. What are anyone else’s thoughts on this ..

I agree but I'm not sure what they would ask. If it's a 5-7th it might be worth shaking the tree. 

Furthermore, we need to cut Poe, Wright and Davis to clear another approximately $16 million in cap room before the new League year. 

You don't half-@ss a rebuild, you're either all in with low expectations for the coming season or you are not.  In the case of trying to stay competitive, you prolong the rebuild.  Rip the bandage off! It hurts initially, but the pain is over much quicker.

3 hours ago, 45catfan said:

Here is a list of our UFAs.  I listed them only because no team is going to sign our RFAs or ERFAS.

We now know Olsen is gone, so who would you keep?  

image.thumb.png.c1312a7e4e95991303fe3a6b1bfa5ccc.png

UNRESTRICTED FREE AGENTS

*DT Dontari Poe and WR Jarius Wright have team options that can be picked up before the 2020 league year begins. If the options are not picked up, they become unrestricted free agents.

RESTRICTED FREE AGENTS

EXCLUSIVE RIGHTS FREE AGENTS

Archived