• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Trade down for an OT?

AU-panther

1 minute ago, Jared Patterson said:

Because teams like us; Chargers, Colts, Tampa, etc could easily trade up and take their guy.

The draft capital would be enormous.  The Chargers would be the only real threat.  Moving into the top 5, even from a few spots back, means a lucrative package.  Considering the QB class next year, I doubt teams would mortgage next year's first rounder for Herbert or Tua.  Again, besides the Chargers, next year's first is only the beginning of a trade package.  

1 hour ago, NcPsa10 said:

Lions GM Bob Quinn is open to a potential trade down from the No. 3 overall pick in the first round.

Quinn said he hasn’t been contacted by any teams about a potential trade yet, but those tend to happen at the NFL Scouting Combine, set to start next week. -----------

Dolphins at No. 5, Chargers at No. 6 and the Panthers at No. 7, who could consider making a move up to No. 3 to make sure they secure Tagovailoa 

Trading to 3 doesn't secure Tua, another team can go to 2.

Only way you trade to 3 for Tua is on draft night after Washington takes Young second.

If Detroit doesn't want a QB they should be acting like they do.  Best case for them in that situation is someone trades to 2 then they can take Young.  If the do want Tua they have to decide if the want to go to 2 or hope Redskins are asking for too much and nobody does.

I would be ok trading back with the raiders if they fall in love with love they would throw a 1ST round pick our way cause they are desperate however if cam is traded to them that could change that’s going to be interesting to see what team and how much they are willing to give for a healthy Cam Newton 

14 minutes ago, Panfan35 said:

I would be ok trading back with the raiders if they fall in love with love they would throw a 1ST round pick our way cause they are desperate however if cam is traded to them that could change that’s going to be interesting to see what team and how much they are willing to give for a healthy Cam Newton 

Indy in play as well

6 hours ago, AU-panther said:

It surprises me that a lot of people are convinced Miami stays put, I think they almost have to move up to make sure they get their QB.  If the go to 2nd that changes what Detroit does which could have a ripple effect.

Miami could move up to 2 for Tua. Haskins is far from a guarantee with a new coach in Rivera. If they do go to 2, Detroit will run to take Young. The Giants and Skins then become wildcards, but I expect Brown and Okudah would go 4,5. Chargers stay put with Herbert or top tackle if they grab a QB in FA. They could also trade out to Indy if they play in FA. 

There we sit at 7. Trade partners could be Jax for Simmons. Cleveland might move to grab their favorite tackle they desperately need, but I doubt it. If Herbert is available, Indy may play at 13. Vegas might move for Jeudy or Lamb, maybe even Herbert depending on what Gruden is drinking. I think the Jets stay put and take the best tackle that drops to them. 

Lots can happen. My personal hope is we Jax will trade up with their 1st and 2nd to get Simmons because of Hurney's draft history with 1st round LBs, and down again to Indy at 13 grabbing another 2nd. We take Kinlaw or one of the top 4 OTs, have 3 2nds to grab a safety, center, and a surprise slip from the 1st. 

I wouldn't complain if we sent our 1st and 2nd to LV for 12 and 19 and a couple 3rds. Of course all this is before combined and will be useless 24 hours after they're done.

Archived