• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corona Virus

Ja  Rhule

1 minute ago, stirs said:

Never know, but China, the most populous country on earth is on the downside of their curve and only had 3200 deaths so far.  Maybe he is talking the world?  South America and Africa  and Australia had better be preparing

we're not doing the job china did, or even italy.      

2 minutes ago, raz said:

Actually, we have not done the draconian things China did, but have reacted much better than Italy.  Lots of the cases we have here in the US is because of Italy and people vacationing there.  Shutting down travel from parts of Asia was smart.  The shutting down from Europe should have been done a week earlier.

I think with each day, more measures could happen here.  Even state to state, never know

Edited by stirs

2 minutes ago, stirs said:

Actually, we have not done the draconian things China did, but have reacted much better than Italy.  Lots of the cases we have here in the US is because of Italy and people vacationing there.  Shutting down travel from parts of Asia was smart.  The shutting down from Europe should have been done a week earlier.

But not the UK...

5 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

That sounds horrible.  It is called "vicarious trauma."  The guy I was watching also said that closing schools:  37% of nurses have children in school....what are they going to do with them? 

I watched my grandmother die by sitting with her, holding her hand, as fluid filled her lungs.  It was 2 days before Christmas.  When I think of Christmas now---that image is one of the first I get.  It is traumatizing.

I would never want to go through that again.  I did not sit with folks like you and Raz but have had similar experiences.  Having people struggling to breath is horrible, absolutely horrible

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

1 minute ago, stirs said:

this is from a couple days ago.  our #'s are pulling ahead of italy's as of today by a pretty good bit.   it doesn't matter where it came from.  you can say that italy is smaller, % of population...   however that actually makes things much more serious in where we are headed

Image result for us italy infection numbers

11 minutes ago, raz said:

We have the benefit of hindsight and observation of countries that are ahead of us--so to compare is probably not really fair.  Here is an interesting article about Italy being "ground zero" in Europe:

https://www.wired.co.uk/article/coronavirus-italy

Edited by MHS831

1 minute ago, MHS831 said:

Did not see that--was the reason they were excluded (and now included) ever rationalized?

testing numbers supposedly

once their numbers started up like other countries, they were placed on the list.

of course, politics and what they tell you have a lot to do trying to save face, so you never know.

reporters asked about rate going up now and gov said, yep, that's why they are going on the ban list too.

never know however

2 minutes ago, stirs said:

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Italy death rate 5.2

US death rate 1.9

Hoping we caught it early based on what we were seeing

I was going to make the point about populations of each...However, in fairness to Italy, they could not learn from other countries (even China at that time) before this thing was on them--we have learned from Italy--I hope.

3 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

I was going to make the point about populations of each...However, in fairness to Italy, they could not learn from other countries (even China at that time) before this thing was on them--we have learned from Italy--I hope.

even newt gingrich is crapping his pants right now.  i guess he went to italy.  

https://www.newsweek.com/newt-gingrich-i-am-italy-amid-coronavirus-crisis-america-must-act-now-act-big-opinion-1492270?utm_source=fark&utm_medium=website&utm_content=link&ICID=ref_fark