• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corona Virus

Ja  Rhule

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I don't think he is wrong about the deaths. The issue with his premise is that young kids by and large have very mild symptoms making them likely to continue going to school as carriers and spreading this thing like gasoline driven wildfire. That's the problem.

No I disagree with his idea 100%. But his stats may be right.

11 minutes ago, Happy Panther said:

I'm not sure he is wrong. All the stats I can find capture the 10-19 range. And the only country i can find who have deaths in that range is China. Maybe you have different sources.

Think there was one kid in China or something

11 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I don't think he is wrong about the deaths. The issue with his premise is that young kids by and large have very mild symptoms making them likely to continue going to school as carriers and spreading this thing like gasoline driven wildfire. That's the problem.

So its a lack of self control?

Unless they are giving it to their grandparents and great grandparents, it does not look that bad.  Why not take the people we know are at risk and shut them down, really shut them down.  Or, we pay everyone to sit on their butts, bored to death, while they still visit the grandparents.  I dont know why we have science and statistics if we cannot use them

38 minutes ago, stirs said:

So its a lack of self control?

Unless they are giving it to their grandparents and great grandparents, it does not look that bad.  Why not take the people we know are at risk and shut them down, really shut them down.  Or, we pay everyone to sit on their butts, bored to death, while they still visit the grandparents.  I dont know why we have science and statistics if we cannot use them

Yep, because absolutely no one who works in the school system is in a high risk group. The bottom line is that if a ton of kids get in then it's going to spread BIG TIME. Good luck getting kids to listen to social distancing measures and getting them to diligently wash their hands and not touch their faces. It's not a lack of self control, it's just called being a kid. Those kids are going to give it to their parents, those parents are going to go to work and so on and so on.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

Yep, because absolutely no one who works in the school system is in a high risk group. The bottom line is that if a ton of kids get in then it's going to spread BIG TIME. Good luck getting kids to listen to social distancing measures and getting them to diligently wash their hands and not touch their faces. It's not a lack of self control, it's just called being a kid.

But if we know that kids don't die, and a lot don't even get sick, is it worth shutting down education systems?   Flu actually killed kids, but nothing was done.  Like I said, we KNOW who this hurts, or at least that is the way it looks.  Is there such a thing as too much caution?  Or pols trying to "out shutdown" each other?

NYC is the biggest issue for the US at the moment.  Waaaay too many people crammed into too little real estate.  The Little Italy remark I made the other day holds true

Meh, don't know, maybe we lose 1.7 million in the US.  I could be wrong, it happened once before back in 1990:)

I just look at numbers and try to keep emotions in check.  Numbers might change next week, so will the conversation at that point.

4 minutes ago, stirs said:

But if we know that kids don't die, and a lot don't even get sick, is it worth shutting down education systems?   Flu actually killed kids, but nothing was done.  Like I said, we KNOW who this hurts, or at least that is the way it looks.  Is there such a thing as too much caution?  Or pols trying to "out shutdown" each other?

NYC is the biggest issue for the US at the moment.  Waaaay too many people crammed into too little real estate.  The Little Italy remark I made the other day holds true

You're still not understanding that it's not about the kids getting sick. It's about the kids basically being super spreaders.

• Pie 3

1 hour ago, Wes21 said:

"Like a prick, you're having second thoughts. You're shrinking, and your two little balls are shrinking with ya. And the fact that you've got "Replica" written on the side of your guns. And the fact that I've got "Desert Eagle .50" written on the side of mine, should precipitate your balls into shrinking, along with your presence. Now f*** off!"

I actually started to say, that my eagle doesn’t have replica on the side! Cheerio, have a caravan.

guy ritchie film GIF

Edited by philit99
  • Pie 2

7 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

You're still not understanding that it's not about the kids getting sick. It's about the kids basically being super spreaders.

Ok, so we are circling back around again to the lack of self control and not shutting down the elderly.  Guess we can do this over and over.

36 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yep, because absolutely no one who works in the school system is in a high risk group. The bottom line is that if a ton of kids get in then it's going to spread BIG TIME. Good luck getting kids to listen to social distancing measures and getting them to diligently wash their hands and not touch their faces. It's not a lack of self control, it's just called being a kid. Those kids are going to give it to their parents, those parents are going to go to work and so on and so on.

Not to mention the teachers and other school workers that would be at risk...many of which fall within the high risk category.  

Schools would be devastating breeding ground for this virus if left unchecked.