• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corona Virus

Ja  Rhule

Just now, LegioX said:

Sorry I’m not scared. Virus only affects elderly or people with chronic respiratory issues. 
the way people are panicking right now you would think body carts would be coming to our neighborhood during trash days.
 I listen to the experts (ie: doctors) and all experts are saying that the media is blowing this way out and have no idea what they are talking about. Basically saying stop reporting on medical issues you have no clue about.

My primary source of information on this is a good college friend who is a PhD who previously worked for the CDC and is currently a professor at Johns Hopkins specializing in infectious disease. 

You shouldn't be scared, but you should be aware and you should try to take precautions to avoid the spread of this disease to try to help protect the types of people who you just patently dismissed.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 3

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

My primary source of information on this is a good college friend who is a PhD who previously worked for the CDC and is currently a professor at Johns Hopkins specializing in infectious disease. 

You shouldn't be scared, but you should be aware and you should try to take precautions to avoid the spread of this disease to try to help protect the types of people who you just patently dismissed.

Well yeah...if I’m coughing or think I have it I’m not going to go to the mall and give it to everyone. Yes everyone should be vigilant and act with precaution. I just think this massive “freak out” from the public is unwarranted.

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, LegioX said:

Sorry I’m not scared. Virus only affects elderly or people with chronic respiratory issues. 
the way people are panicking right now you would think body carts would be coming to our neighborhood during trash days.
 I listen to the experts (ie: doctors) and all experts are saying that the media is blowing this way out and have no idea what they are talking about. Basically saying stop reporting on medical issues you have no clue about.

Fox news doctors maybe.  I'd do some further research if I were you.  The ones that say "I'm not scared," are the first to get it.  

Just now, LegioX said:

Well yeah...if I’m coughing or think I have it I’m not going to go to the mall and give it to everyone. Yes everyone should be vigilant and act with precaution. I just think this massive “freak out” from the public is unwarranted.

I just left the grocery store about an hour ago. Seemed like any other day other than people being a lot more diligent to wipe down their carts and toilet paper (?) and hand sanitizer being out of stock. Where are these people who are "freaking out"?

2 minutes ago, LegioX said:

You’d be surprised how many people totally don’t care about their fellow Americans. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, DaanngJohnny said:

Fox news doctors maybe.  I'd do some further research if I were you.  The ones that say "I'm not scared," are the first to get it.  

I’m “informed” not scared. This virus affects elderly and people with chronic dieases. If people we dying that are young and healthy and children, then it would be a different story.

medical community has stated numerous times that “‘majority” of people getting Cv-19 will only experience mild symptoms. 

1 minute ago, LegioX said:

I’m “informed” not scared. This virus affects elderly and people with chronic dieases. If people we dying that are young and healthy and children, then it would be a different story.

medical community has stated numerous times that “‘majority” of people getting Cv-19 will only experience mild symptoms. 

I still have three grandparents alive. My former next door neighbor who I still keep in touch with is 82 years old. I give a poo about those people. I'm not really scared for myself but to be honest, yeah I am scared for those people. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 3

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I still have three grandparents alive. My former next door neighbor who I still keep in touch with is 82 years old. I give a poo about those people. I'm not really scared for myself but to be honest, yeah I am scared for those people. 

That’s just being a responsible human.  Wish more people would think that way. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

5 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I did not say to not give a crap about the elderly. Yes we have to help them out and be vigilant. I was going to let my 90 year old great Aunt see my daughter (who is 19months) old for the first time last week, but I decided against it because my wife is still feeling sick from being pregnant and I didn’t want to chance it. So yes I do care about the elderly and family members of my own who are old.

Edited by LegioX