• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corona Virus

Ja  Rhule

I really want to get one of the antibody tests. I've submitted to be part of a clinical trial for it.

I posted awhile back that I think there's a really good chance we've already had this thing and that was before we had preliminary data suggesting that the actual rate of infection very well may be 50x higher than the number of confirmed cases. I traveled a TON in early Q1 and shortly after coming back from a trip to the greater Seattle area in mid-January, I developed a helluva chest cold. Zero head/sinus symptoms. Basically just a drag ass feeling with a low grade fever and a hellish dry cough that lasted forever, like 10 or so weeks forever. The weird thing about it was that it would come in waves. Just as soon as you thought you were getting over it, another wave would hit and you'd be right back to where you started. My wife had the same thing. Our four year old daughter wasn't impacted in the least.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, stirs said:

Yeah, there should've been some type of annual revenue piece built into that program. Under 500 employees does not necessarily automatically equate to "small business".

Appaloosa Management, Tepper's hedge fund, has about 15 employees. They manage $13B in assets. I don't think anyone in their right mind would consider that a "small business" despite having a small number of employees.

My kid’s teacher just emailed us school work all the way to early June.  Likely means no CMS school until next school year.  Also, multiple big corporations said they will not listen to Trump return to work order and will allow their employees back only when they feel its safe.

9 minutes ago, Ja Rhule said:

My kid’s teacher just emailed us school work all the way to early June.  Likely means no CMS school until next school year.  Also, multiple big corporations said they will not listen to Trump return to work order and will allow their employees back only when they feel its safe.

I wouldn’t be comfortable returning to work in my office at the current state. 

• Pie 1

8 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I really want to get one of the antibody tests. I've submitted to be part of a clinical trial for it.

I posted awhile back that I think there's a really good chance we've already had this thing and that was before we had preliminary data suggesting that the actual rate of infection very well may be 50x higher than the number of confirmed cases. I traveled a TON in early Q1 and shortly after coming back from a trip to the greater Seattle area in mid-January, I developed a helluva chest cold. Zero head/sinus symptoms. Basically just a drag ass feeling with a low grade fever and a hellish dry cough that lasted forever, like 10 or so weeks forever. The weird thing about it was that it would come in waves. Just as soon as you thought you were getting over it, another wave would hit and you'd be right back to where you started. My wife had the same thing. Our four year old daughter wasn't impacted in the least.

Same.  I went to Florida in mid February and developed a cough for 3 weeks when I got back.  Almost no other symptoms but I couldn’t shake the cough, it woke me up several nights and I couldn’t go back to sleep.   

4 minutes ago, Ja Rhule said:

Same.  We will be able to tell which company cares about their employees and which cares only about profits.

Been working this whole time.  My workplace is one story open floorplan with about 200 employees per shift.  We practice social distancing, wash hands frequetly and wear masks.  Its doable

• Pie 1

26 minutes ago, Ja Rhule said:

Trump didn’t issue a return to work order.  The reopening of closed businesses is up to the governors.  Of course individual companies can decide what to do after that.

• Pie 1

10 minutes ago, jfra78 said:

Been working this whole time.  My workplace is one story open floorplan with about 200 employees per shift.  We practice social distancing, wash hands frequetly and wear masks.  Its doable

I have as well but we only have 5 employees.  Also open floor.