• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corona Virus

Ja  Rhule

The WHO is looking worse and worse on this. Don't let that distract you from our utter failure as a country, but the WHO had an awful response as well. Trump's claims that the WHO is in China's pocket may not be completely unfounded, but again, don't let that distract you from our failure. Since these early days, there has been plenty of data available that we've largely brushed aside while watching virtually every other developed nation on the planet do a much better job of managing their response to this virus. Can't blame the WHO when that's the case, but the WHO should take a long look at itself after this to examine how they can also improve.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/changed-coronavirus-timeline-got-first-110340600.html

19 hours ago, Tbe said:

11.5k cases from 65k tests. That’s a 17% positive rate. Yikes!

Heres my question though. 65k people thought they were ill enough to get tested. Do we have that many hypochondriacs or are the tests severely flawed?

I will say the testing metrics are severely flawed. Notice the avg. age infected has dropped from 70 yrs old to upper 30's. That clearly shows we are testing more people. The death rate will get lower as we test younger people. The end game will always be the hospitals. No matter if its media trying to scare everyone or the Pres. N Desantos saying we've won. I imagine with us Florididiots, at 10k+ a day. The hospitals a month from now, will be in shambles. I could totally be wrong. I hate politics in general. Lazy Joe or Totally tremendously Trump, if this virus gets back to our old people which it will, Florida will destroy all death records in the US. Oour beaches were open today. My city has more new cases than some states. Why we are not at least in full face masks blows my fugging mind!

• Beer 1

5 minutes ago, SmittysLawnGuy said:

I will say the testing metrics are severely flawed. Notice the avg. age infected has dropped from 70 yrs old to upper 30's. That clearly shows we are testing more people. The death rate will get lower as we test younger people. The end game will always be the hospitals. No matter if its media trying to scare everyone or the Pres. N Desantos saying we've won. I imagine with us Florididiots, at 10k+ a day. The hospitals a month from now, will be in shambles. I could totally be wrong. I hate politics in general. Lazy Joe or Totally tremendously Trump, if this virus gets back to our old people which it will, Florida will destroy all death records in the US. Oour beaches were open today. My city has more new cases than some states. Why we are not at least in full face masks blows my fugging mind!

It's really not good that Florida and Arizona are currently leading the charge. Arizona is basically Florida West in that it's the top retirement destination for the western US.

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

It's really not good that Florida and Arizona are currently leading the charge. Arizona is basically Florida West in that it's the top retirement destination for the western US.

My mom lives across the street from me and is 76. I have 2 late teen kids. One works at Dominos. I'm terrified for her mostly I always do my part but it only takes one kid to destroy all of our measures. That's what these young fools are doing. What do you say, oops I killed gramma.

• Beer 2

6 minutes ago, SmittysLawnGuy said:

My mom lives across the street from me and is 76. I have 2 late teen kids. One works at Dominos. I'm terrified for her mostly I always do my part but it only takes one kid to destroy all of our measures. That's what these young fools are doing. What do you say, oops I killed gramma.

i'm really sorry to hear all this.  i hope your mom stays ok.  i'm worried about my stepmom in her facility.  its not that i think dying is that bad. she's had a full life.   but not the way this virus does it.    i heard my dad aspirate to death.  i don't wish that shite on anyone, neither the death nor hearing it. 

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, raz said:

i'm really sorry to hear all this.  i hope your mom stays ok.  i'm worried about my stepmom in her facility.  its not that i think dying is that bad. she's had a full life.   but not the way this virus does it.    i heard my dad aspirate to death.  i don't wish that shite on anyone, neither the death nor hearing it. 

I feel you man. My mom is my best friend so she isnt allowed to die. I hang out with her everyday but it only takes one of my kids to fug it all all up. I can only say so much to them though about caution. I cant lock them in their rooms. Kind of feels hopeless.

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, raz said:

i'm at the point where i'm mouthing foul crap at non-mask wearers in the store under my mask.   i don't know how much longer before i just start putting sound with it.    

That made me laugh hard. Think I'll start doing the same. 1 month ago when we were good 75% of people wore masks. Now were the hot spot of the world, Its 25%. Disgusts everything in my soul.