• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rough times ahead

Jeremy Igo

33 minutes ago, cookinbrak said:

So what about when soembody using that logic infects your kids?

Nobody is going to infect my kids because when we leave the house, we do it safely.  Like I said in my original post: "If you show up and it's packed... leave.  Go somewhere else."

We aren't going out to high population areas.  Hiking on sparsely populated trails.  If/when we see ANYONE, we treat them like they have the plague, and steer VERY clear.

We're smart, and we've been staying home for the most part... probably for longer than most people have.  But there are limits on what we're willing to endure.

2 minutes ago, ECUPantherFan said:

Nobody is going to infect my kids because when we leave the house, we do it safely.  Like I said in my original post: "If you show up and it's packed... leave.  Go somewhere else."

We aren't going out to high population areas.  Hiking on sparsely populated trails.  If/when we see ANYONE, we treat them like they have the plague, and steer VERY clear.

We're smart, and we've been staying home for the most part... probably for longer than most people have.  But there are limits on what we're willing to endure.

The next time they extend the SAH order remember its because of people like you

5 minutes ago, ECUPantherFan said:

Bro you are blatantly violating the SIP order. I understand you want to get out of the house and get some exercise but you need to respect the law.

Just now, 4Corners said:

Bro you are blatantly violating the SIP order. I understand you want to get out of the house and get some exercise but you need to respect the law.

Once again, (and not surprisingly) you have no idea what you're talking about.  From Gov. Cooper's order...

image.png.f1825c779cc20727afdc9dac86673fac.png

47 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

He isn't.  Could he do more staying indoors?  Yes, is he breaking the law?  No.

However, I suspect they will be cracking down even further as the infection toll rises in NC.

What's frustrating me to no end, is not even being able to go get on my boat, alone, and go catch a flounder to eat for dinner...getting real frustrating.

I have no problems with people getting out and hiking in sparsely populated areas. That's a helluva lot safer than going to the grocery store. Part of getting through this period is maintaining your sanity too. You can't just sit in your house for months on end and stay sane if you were a decently active person before this.

I'm lucky that just across the street from me is mile after mile of national forest land, so I don't have to go far to get away.

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I have no problems with people getting out and hiking in sparsely populated areas. That's a helluva lot safer than going to the grocery store. Part of getting through this period is maintaining your sanity too. You can't just sit in your house for months on end and stay sane if you were a decently active person before this.

I'm lucky that just across the street from me is mile after mile of national forest land, so I don't have to go far to get away.

Not too long ago, I was looking into buying a little farm 25 minutes outside of Wilmington...just to get away, spend time with nature, family, friends, etc....just something different than the stress of "city life".

This has all but made that decision for me, I will be getting my little spot (depending on the economy of course), digging a little bass pond, setting up a shooting range, planting some crops, grabbing an old dirt bike, etc....

1 minute ago, thefuzz said:

Not too long ago, I was looking into buying a little farm 25 minutes outside of Wilmington...just to get away, spend time with nature, family, friends, etc....just something different than the stress of "city life".

This has all but made that decision for me, I will be getting my little spot (depending on the economy of course), digging a little bass pond, setting up a shooting range, planting some crops, grabbing an old dirt bike, etc....

I could literally walk from my house to Sante Fe, NM to the south, damn near the Four Corners to the west, and I-80 in WY to the north without ever stepping foot off of national forest land.

18 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

Hampstead rules. Not the golf courses, tho. I can literally see the ocean from my front yard, and the breeze is always blowing.

1 hour ago, cookinbrak said:

Hampstead rules. Not the golf courses, tho. I can literally see the ocean from my front yard, and the breeze is always blowing.

Getting my wife to move to Hampstead has been attempted, many times....same failure rate.

Archived