• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Marty Hurney Conference Call

Mr. Scot

1 hour ago, frash.exe said:

i think no matter what he says it’s pretty obvious that cam wasn’t happy with his departure, and neither was olsen for that matter

it just goes to show that the initial reason that ppl used to justify hurney being brought back- that he is more forward and direct and respects the players on a personal level - was completely wrong if well meaning at best and a half assed logical explanation at worst

it’s too bad nobody here will line up to admit that they were wrong though since this board is full of feckless, capricious assholes :^)

Yeah no...no one said “yay Hurney’s back cause he’s so nice to the players!”. More like his critics used his relationship with his players as ammunition to why he shouldn’t be GM.

Y’all love Gettleman for how he just doesn’t give a F&$@ and doesn’t get attached to players so he can let go of them when it’s necessary.

Now that Hurney is showing he is capable of doing that with players like Olsen, TD, Kalil, Cam, etc., y’all wanna do a complete 180 and flip that into a negative lol. Real mental gymnastics going on...bravo.

2 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

He also was suspended for some off the field issues dealing with beating women... Did you want that situation again on the team??

You mean the pre-draft stuff that we investigated or are you trying to make look worse by saying he was beating women (plural)? This (from ESPN):

To be clear, domestic violence charges weren’t filed against Worley. He ultimately pleaded no contest, the charges were dropped and expunged from his record.

This came after prosecutors originally recommended a six-month jail term, according to published reports.

Worley said it simply was a matter of being in the wrong place at the wrong time, that he was breaking up a fight between another woman and his girlfriend. He showed the surveillance tape of the incident to the Panthers and 31 other NFL teams to corroborate his story.

The Panthers felt comfortable with Worley’s account after watching the tape, investigating the matter and putting the 21-year-old player through the ringer during a daylong visit at Bank of America Stadium.

3 minutes ago, stbugs said:

And? Worley was picked up 8 days later and started a year and a half for the Raiders. Starting CB > WR4 and the Raiders paid $2.5M less. Eagles released him too quickly so that’s on them. That said they were cutting Smith and were able to get us to bite and give them something for nothing. Similar to LAC, who I think would have released Okung anyway due the tackle depth this year.

Again he was looking at a few arrest here.. Do you not understand that ?? They had to get him out of town.. He was becoming a menace ...

Just now, stbugs said:

You mean the pre-draft stuff that we investigated or are you trying to make look worse by saying he was beating women (plural)? This (from ESPN):

To be clear, domestic violence charges weren’t filed against Worley. He ultimately pleaded no contest, the charges were dropped and expunged from his record.

This came after prosecutors originally recommended a six-month jail term, according to published reports.

Worley said it simply was a matter of being in the wrong place at the wrong time, that he was breaking up a fight between another woman and his girlfriend. He showed the surveillance tape of the incident to the Panthers and 31 other NFL teams to corroborate his story.

The Panthers felt comfortable with Worley’s account after watching the tape, investigating the matter and putting the 21-year-old player through the ringer during a daylong visit at Bank of America Stadium.

That was one issue.. He was facing some domestic charges here from a women who dropped them and some drunk driving cases.. Dude needed to get out of town...

9 minutes ago, stbugs said:

And? Worley was picked up 8 days later and started a year and a half for the Raiders. Starting CB > WR4 and the Raiders paid $2.5M less. Eagles released him too quickly so that’s on them. That said they were cutting Smith and were able to get us to bite and give them something for nothing. Similar to LAC, who I think would have released Okung anyway due the tackle depth this year.

Why are you so obsessed with the notion of “starter”? That gives absolutely no indication of ability. You know who else were starters for long periods of time? Matt Kalil...Darryl Williams...Amini Silatolu...guess they were all great signings cause they were starters!!

31 minutes ago, Daeavorn said:

What if Hurney and Tepper kept him out of the loop to such an extent that he had no idea they were trying to trade Newton, hence his comments about being excited to work with him?

That strikes me as far more likely of a scenario than Rhule being in on it.

I think Tepper blindsided him.

I don't know about that.

14 minutes ago, Mr Mojo Risin said:

That's exactly my point. If Rhule wasn't a "Yes man" Cam would still be here, right? I mean what coach doesn't have any say so in who his Quarterback is going to be?

None of this makes any sense and it's clear they are all lieing to try and save face. Tepper is 100% the meddlesome owner this franchise did not need.

Id say if the owner wanted him gone, he was going to be gone whether the head coach agreed to it or not.

4 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

That was one issue.. He was facing some domestic charges here from a women who dropped them and some drunk driving cases.. Dude needed to get out of town...

He wasn’t facing all these charges. He had the one pre-draft that I believe the team investigated. Some drunk driving cases? Again, he was arrested after he was traded. There’s nothing else. You are trying to make it seem like there were. I don’t disagree with moving on from him, but maybe it was our shitty coaching and him getting thrown to the wolves as a 3rd round rookie starter. Whatever the case, he’s played well and Torrey Smith was useless. We didn’t win that trade. 

11 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Actually, I did. In fact, the same source that said Newton was going to be let go when people who didn't want to believe it kept saying he had no inside info.

Yeah...considering you think Hurney mentioning that he drafted Cam is him “self-promoting”, it is clear your interpretation of others’ statements is heavily skewed by your biases lol. Unless you wanna actually quote the source as they are intended to be, rather than your secondhand relay of it, then that doesn’t mean a whole lot. You have a known tendency to constantly extrapolate your own beliefs upon innocuous statements.

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I don't know about that.

Id say if the owner wanted him gone, he was going to be gone whether the head coach agreed to it or not.

Rhule was supposedly brought in to build a consistent winner. Why would the owner go behind the newly hired HC's back and do that? What other NFL franchise does not let their HC choose his players especially the Quarterback? That makes no sense at all

Rhule was allowed to hire every single college assistant hes worked with over the years but Cam Newton was off limits? The fug?

3 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Believe what you want to believe then.. I don't give a fug.. Dude was getting a bad name in Charlotte night life and needed a change...

Lol. How come it was never posted in here? I’ll believe what I see not your posts trying to make it seem like he was Adam Jones.

18 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Not to defend @Mr. Scot but I saw that same rumor posted somewhere else.  I can't remember where at the moment and do not care enough to find it for you.  Just sayin

Yeah probably from Mr. Scot himself LOL. He has repeated that countless times. You’d be surprised at what the subconscious will misremember when your mind gets hammered over and over with misinformation. There is no record of that being said anywhere on the internet from anyone with vastly superior sources than Roaring Riot.

Archived