• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CB scouting reports

AU-panther

23 minutes ago, saX man said:

Chris Simms' (who has a decent record for rumors/draft rankings), mentioned how scouts have Henderson and Terrell a lot closer to Okudah than the media has projected.  I believe he mentioned there's a few teams  that actually have Henderson as their #1 because of scheme fit.

Diggs, Johnson, and Fulton are super interesting, could start right away IMO.  

Also high on Noah I. from Auburn.  He may go high R2. 

And there's some sleepers from small schools like Amik Robertson and Reggie Robinson.

And a lot of good sized mid rounders from good programs like Arnette, Dantzler, Hall, Dane Jackson. 

Sims is good.  He reported that the Chargers were not going to trade for Cam or even sign him. 

When he tells you what he hears, you can bank on it,

9 hours ago, MHS831 said:

We just HAVE to take a CB in round 2 if we don't in round 1.

It really seems like it.

What pair of starters makes you most nervous?

DT: Butler and Kerr

CB: Jackson and Corn

I would be scared to wait until the third round to draft a CB expecting him to start.

I would be more inclined to draft the DT in the third.  In reality he doesn't have to come in and be the starter, just part of the rotation, which most teams rotate their D-line anyway.  You don't rotate your outside corners.

Almost feels like if we don't draft DT in the first, might should wait until the third.  A lot of the CBs I like seem to be in the second round range.  If we end up picking CB in the first thought, there might be a WR or DE, guys like Pittman or Weaver or Lynch, that fall in that range so that is why I'm thinking we might wait for DT until the third.

17 hours ago, *FreeFua* said:

Comparing college stats/numbers really need to be taken with a massive grain of salt due to differences in competition. 

Absolutely, but..."Jeff Okudah has allowed 50 yards or fewer in all of his 27 games the last two seasons ". That's some crazy poo right there, even with a grain of salt.

I think we draft two CBs. A guy to take over for bradberry and a slot guy that can also be insurance if jackson doesnt get his act together. 

This is a deep cb draft but there are a lot of outside guys, terrell, danzler, hall, arnette, that are second-third round guys but have major questions. The first three are big long tall guys but may be too slow to cover anyone except the jump ball types. Arnette is smallish. 

The slot is loaded. Javarius davis will probably be available in the fifth and would be an absolute steal. 

I think five guys go in the first

Okudah

Henderson

Fulton

Gladney

Terelle or Iggy or Diggs

Jaylon johnson early second and likely our pick if the others are gone. 

Rhule doesnt play nice with guys who arent athletes and those guys going late second and third round are better fits for the Rivera defense. Tall guys that can press. 

There should certainly be a CB1/starting boundary corner available with our 2nd rounder. IMO, one of Terrell, Fulton, Diggs, Gladney, Iggy, or Johnson will be there for us to select. I also think we grab another one in the fourth or maybe one of our fifth rounders. 

Okudah is the prize, but if we miss on him, we should still be able to add a Chris Gamble level of CB1 in the 2nd. 

14 hours ago, MHS831 said:

No, I agree.  You have a depth chart with starters who would be fighting for roster spots somewhere else.  there is no way 1 draft addresses 20% of our needs (if you consider the success rates of the average draft).

We desperately need DT, CB, and DE in the first 3 rounds (not necessarily in that order, but all 3 need to rotate in with the starters). LB and safety aren't too far behind. In fact, unless the perfect OL or TE prospect comes along, I'd be fine with an all-defense draft.

14 hours ago, MHS831 said:

Sims is good.  He reported that the Chargers were not going to trade for Cam or even sign him. 

When he tells you what he hears, you can bank on it,

I think he is connected and has some good knowledge at some things, but man..... his CB rankings this year are pure trash.

Maybe it's clickbait, but in no universe is Jeff Okudah not CB1 this year. Tape and combine.... pure gold. 

Archived