• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fans at games?

KillaCamNewton

1 minute ago, panthers55 said:

What seems to be pretty easy logic for you and I seems to escape many folks here. Hell if the people complaining were wearing masks and social distancing instead of bitching we might actually be able to watch football live.

Right - this ‘MERICA and blah blah much fReEdOms blah blah. 

2 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

What seems to be pretty easy logic for you and I seems to escape many folks here. Hell if the people complaining were wearing masks and social distancing instead of bitching we might actually be able to watch football live.

You’re right. Lets continue on top Month 6 of gutting our economy and living isolated in our homes for a virus so deadly the vast majority of the population has to get tested to see if they even have it

38 minutes ago, Happy Panther said:

Blue states have a higher death count on a pure or per capita basis. I provided a link. It's objective. You can take 14 seconds to google it. But yeah I am the one entrenched.

It isn't a point of view. It's numbers.

You are talking deaths I am talking cases which is more accurate given that early states with big populations like New York and Washington and California were overwhelmed early before we knew much about Covid 19 and how to treat it. Many Republican states like Florida and surely states like Arizona didn't get a ton of cases until later on after we learned how to treat it. If you want to compare deaths more fairly compare the death rates over the past 3 months in blue versus red states and which states are getting overwhelmed now due to a lack of following or creating policies.

1 minute ago, 4Corners said:

Sounds like you need to take a few steps back with sports. I’d like to remind you that student athletes and professional athletes are NOT obligated to entertain you. 

i

Not saying they are, I'm also not obligated to help contribute to their lavish lifestyles. 

I have every right to take my money and spend it wherever I want, if I don't enjoy the product on the field/ court, I'll take my money and spend it elsewhere. 

I supported Kap and Eric Reid kneeling, that is their right; but when the game started, they got on the field and did their jobs. Plastering movements on your court and cancelling games every time something controversial happens on the news, yea, that's too much.

That's one reason I love the NFL so much, yes the drama is all over the media, but on game day that goes out the door.

Ultimately, let's get back to the subject matter. Shutdowns DO NOT WORK. You're not going to force people to follow the rules no matter how much the states keep those guidelines in place, maybe not trying to be so damn strict might do a bit for asking people to wear a masks.

1. You tell me masks work. 2. You tell me Panthers games are unsafe with masks required and social distancing. 

You really think those people who would attend a Panthers game on a Sunday are going to stay home if they don't go? They'll go to bars, restaurants, and large parties to watch the games instead, the idea cancelling the sports games attendance quells the spread is outrageous. 

It's like when this crap first started we closed all "non-essential" businesses, so people wanting those products crowded to Walmart, Sams, and Costco... Honestly, I think the shutdowns made it WORSE. Panic was caused and essential stores were turned into covid breeding grounds.

Trial and error is not allowed with the covid guidelines due to political agenda, if we have 15,000 fans at a Panthers game and 200 get Covid, have zero fans the next week... But the idea that this is for "Safety" is horseshit. A restaurant is allowed to have 50-100+ people in it, a section at BOA is comparable to the size of a restaurant. 

I want covid-19 guidelines, phases, and progress... But NC refusing to move phases for 3 months with unrealistic standards is not making things better. I'm sure stopping Panthers attendance is going to make people not wearing a mask want to wear one. People don't agree with the shutdowns? Let's make em harder lol.

7 hours ago, KillaCamNewton said:

i said i wasnt going to make this thread political and instead was just asking if the team had made any announcements yet

but since you wanna go that route tell me the death count in states with Democrat governors vs Republican and get back to me

14 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

It is numbers you are ignoring so lets be clear for the last time.

https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#cases

These are absolute numbers but as a.percentage of population California is lower than the next three on the list.

California has 699,000 cases but divided by 40 million people the rate is .0175 multiplied by 1000 gives you 17.4 persons per thousand.

Florida has 614,000 cases and 21 million for a rate of .029 multiplied by 1000 or 29 cases per thousand.

Texas has 610,000 cases and 29 million folks for a rate of .021 x1000 for a rate of 21 people per thousand. 

Georgia has 268,000 cases and a population of 11 million for a per capita rate of .024 x 1000 or 24 people per thousand.

And what do this three states have in common different than California??? Republican governors. Feel free to do the math with 47 other states. But as I stated earlier, you are wrong and the numbers clearly show it. Now when you argue again with the numbers and simple math it will show the futility of arguing and prove you are entrenched. 

The point you have been arguing is death counts. The link you provided has death counts per 100k. TX = 43, Fl = 52, GA = 53. NJ = 178, CT = 124, Mass = 131, NY = 80. 

2 minutes ago, KillaCamNewton said:

You’re right. Lets continue on top Month 6 of gutting our economy and living isolated in our homes for a virus so deadly the vast majority of the population has to get tested to see if they even have it

The problem is you naively think this is going to all be over and disappear and if we just open up everything will be okay.

It won't and places like bars and restaurants may have to change the way they do business.  Talk to the 185,900 who have died and by the election it will be close to 250,000 and talk to their families about this harmless virus. But let me stop. Why waste time educating folks who want to stay ignorant... Ignorance is bliss so you must be a happy guy 

1 minute ago, Happy Panther said:

The point you have been arguing is death counts. The link you provided has death counts per 100k. TX = 43, Fl = 52, GA = 53. NJ = 178, CT = 124, Mass = 131, NY = 80. 

Dont waste your time. Its common knowledge the reason NYC had such a high death count is because Governor Nipplerings threw all the positive elderly patients back into nursing homes until they all died out like the hunger games

@Jeremy Igo sorry this thread went off the rails, was just seeing if I had an excuse to not go to my girlfriends dads wedding the weekend of the 13th

2 minutes ago, Happy Panther said:

No I haven't. You have. I explained that death counts are skewed because states hit early and hard averaged 2-3 percent in New York which is now 1% for example. States like Georgia didn't have their spikes until much later after we learned more about the virus and how to cure folks. So if you want to look at death rates look for the last 2 months where it should be apples to apples. Besides cases better reflect how the governor's policies reflect the differences in masks and social distancing which is the point of this debate. I said death rates per capita were now higher in red states and assuming similar death rates across states given they have more cases. So was it more dangerous to be in New York in March??? Absolutely. But is it today? Absolutely not. There is a reason New York banned folks from Florida from going there. 

10 minutes ago, KillaCamNewton said:

Dont waste your time. Its common knowledge the reason NYC had such a high death count is because Governor Nipplerings threw all the positive elderly patients back into nursing homes until they all died out like the hunger games

@Jeremy Igo sorry this thread went off the rails, was just seeing if I had an excuse to not go to my girlfriends dads wedding the weekend of the 13th

The point is had not has. No one argued New York didn't get overwhelmed due to Trump's lack of leadership and lack of knowledge that cases were coming from Italy not China. The point is that now we can compare death rates and cases based on everyone knowing the score and now looking at how policies are impacting the numbers 

8 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

The problem is you naively think this is going to all be over and disappear and if we just open up everything will be okay.

It won't and places like bars and restaurants may have to change the way they do business.  Talk to the 185,900 who have died and by the election it will be close to 250,000 and talk to their families about this harmless virus. But let me stop. Why waste time educating folks who want to stay ignorant... Ignorance is bliss so you must be a happy guy 

The problem is people like you dont understand its never going to go away and you actually think its reasonable to keep people restricted indefinitely until a vaccine gets developed

this shutdown started because hospitals were overwhelmed and couldnt handle the influx of patients every day. That was 6 months ago. Were now at the point that hospitals are laying off staff because there arent enough patients to tend to

No ones upset that they cant go to Gin Mill on the weekends, theyre upset that youre allowed to have a line out the door at walmart but you cant go to the gym. the Louie V store at South Park was 3 hours long on Saturday but you cant be in the labor room while your wife is giving birth

theres no consistency and to be honest im not surprised because every logical person knew the minute the government realized they could use a virus to control what people could do with their lives we were on our way to an endless circus of polliticians making up new rules as they go 

3 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

I wonder what you think "Flatten the Curve means." 

There was a reason the original plan was called "14 days to flatten the curve." The media uses logarithmic graphs which misleads the public into thinking Covid deaths are going up still.

The most deaths we had of Covid-19 in one day was May 6th with 2,701... the most deaths in June was June 2nd with 1,032...July 1,449, and August 1,260.

Between April 2nd and may 10th, more then 1,200 people died every day... Many days between June and August, only around 200-300 in the entire country died. We have been more successful with treatments such as remdesivir and using the plasma of recovered Covid-19 patients.

With all this poo people talk about Covid deaths, it's funny that 32,541 of those 183k deaths were due to Cuomo in NY, killing the elderly by putting Covid-19 patients in nursing homes. Lets put it this way, due to what Cuomo did, the death numbers in the U.S. would not be acceptable in a scientific study on how deadly Covid-19 is to a normal population... Cuomo is getting praised for getting his whole state infected so fast, they gained herd immunity. The CDC says the uncomfirmed:Confirmed Ratio is 8:1 that means Cuomo somehow found a way to infect half his population in a span of 2-3 freaking months.

Florida pretty much said we don't give a poo and reopened after like 2 weeks of closing, and they STILL didn't have as bad of an outbreak as NY...with a WAY OLDER population.

1 minute ago, KillaCamNewton said:

The problem is people like you dont understand its never going to go away and you actually think its reasonable to keep people restricted indefinitely until a vaccine gets developed

this shutdown started because hospitals were overwhelmed and couldnt handle the influx of patients every day. That was 6 months ago. Were now at the point that hospitals are laying off staff because there arent enough patients to tend to

No ones upset that they cant go to Gin Mill on the weekends, theyre upset that youre allowed to have a line out the door at walmart but you cant go to the gym. the Louie V store at South Park was 3 hours long on Saturday but you cant be in the labor room while your wife is giving birth

theres no consistency and to be honest im not surprised because every logical person knew the minute the government realized they could use a virus to control what people could do with their lives we were on our way to an endless circus of polliticians making up new rules as they go 

I read up to the conspiracy theories about government control. Sorry I don't have a tin foil hat to stop the gamma rays like you apparently do. QA'non fan too??

5 hours ago, Pantherzack179812 said:

I wonder what you think "Flatten the Curve means." 

There was a reason the original plan was called "14 days to flatten the curve." The media uses logarithmic graphs which misleads the public into thinking Covid deaths are going up still.

The most deaths we had of Covid-19 in one day was May 6th with 2,701... the most deaths in June was June 2nd with 1,032...July 1,449, and August 1,260.

Between April 2nd and may 10th, more then 1,200 people died every day... Many days between June and August, only around 200-300 in the entire country died. We have been more successful with treatments such as remdesivir and using the plasma of recovered Covid-19 patients.

With all this poo people talk about Covid deaths, it's funny that 32,541 of those 183k deaths were due to Cuomo in NY, killing the elderly by putting Covid-19 patients in nursing homes. Lets put it this way, due to what Cuomo did, the death numbers in the U.S. would not be acceptable in a scientific study on how deadly Covid-19 is to a normal population... Cuomo is getting praised for getting his whole state infected so fast, they gained herd immunity. The CDC says the uncomfirmed:Confirmed Ratio is 8:1 that means Cuomo somehow found a way to infect half his population in a span of 2-3 freaking months.

Florida pretty much said we don't give a poo and reopened after like 2 weeks of closing, and they STILL didn't have as bad of an outbreak as NY...with a WAY OLDER population.

Florida has a 1000 less deaths than California and half the population. But don't let's facts get in the way of a good old rant.....

Archived