• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dear Panthers - Trevor Lawrence

mrcompletely11

Just now, Jared Patterson said:

LOVE Both!

I usually know quite a bit about CFB players and such but for the Ohio State guys at QB i can never tell. They have legit DL and OL usually for NFL but QB...in terms of Lance can't remember the NDS guys name but i think he has the same measurements as Fields just don't know the type of QB he is at all.

1 hour ago, t96 said:

It's really hard though to trust that Teddy can be our long term franchise QB, even with some wins later this year and a decent showing next year. If he can't be that then we really need to start looking for that guy sooner rather than later. Lawrence/Fields/Lance is a golden opportunity this year, can't go wrong with any of them to be honest. So even if we do wind up drafting like 10th overall or something we need to get one of these top QBs this year, even if it requires a trade up. I still think Lawrence is pretty likely and it's hard not to be excited about the prospects of him in a Panthers jersey. He would bring this team back to relevance for fans quicker than anyone else could, especially Bridgewater.

And herein lies the problem with Hurney, Teddy, and the whole idea this team could, or should, win now or even quickly.

The cost to trade up in this draft will probably be insane. Put your team in a position to get the best draft pick possible, and not trade our entire draft future for one guy.   We need help all over the place, and will for the next couple of years. Signing Teddy and fielding a below average to mediocre team this year does nothing but hurt in the long run.  For what?  5 or 6 Sundays where we feel better?  I'd rather keep our 2nd and 3rd rounders to find OL and Secondary help. As well as our 1st the next year to maybe get our new QB a LT.  The best thing Hurney could've ever done for this rebuild was to sign a bunch of young guys, throw as much crap against the wall to see what sticks, and let this team be destined for 1-15 or 2-14 with Grier at the helm to serve the Pickles role. 

7 minutes ago, jb2288 said:

Where do you get this from? I'm in SEC country and it's most definitely understood he is the clear cut #1 college QB and a generational talent. 

I’m not saying Lawerence isn’t the clear cut number one, what I am saying is it is hard to see what your made out of when every game your up by 30 points. In his 4 years he has been behind maybe 3 times? He could end up being the greatest to play the game. I’m just saying, there are so many situations and circumstances he hasn’t played through, therefore you have no idea how he could respond.

Archived