• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Rhule wants to win

Jeremy Igo

So now wanting what's better for the team in the long run, means you aren't a real fan? Whew that's some special poo right there. Wow. 

I just wasted my money going to that San Fran Playoff game in 2013, I suppose. Going to that Eagles game in 2015 vs the Eagles, and I'll make sure to tell those PSL Owners, and the guy that went to Clemson to see the Panthers they all wasted their money. Because they're not real fans. Gotcha. Logical thinking on all parts. Good talk fellas. 

1 minute ago, nctarheelreincarnated said:

So now wanting what's better for the team in the long run, means you aren't a real fan? Whew that's some special poo right there. Wow. 

You are the only one in here that has thrown out the "only real fans" nonsense. Are you talking to youself?

I started the year assuming we had enough talent to be 8-8. After the first game I moved my goals to a full tank and a 3-13 year. After last week I’m back to thinking we win between 6 and 8 games because the team will definitely improve. 

overall I’m fine with trying to compete to be average this year or be a full tank. However my worst fear is we win a few games we shouldn’t and we don’t improve enough talent wise to move the needle. 

im still undecided on whether this team has enough talent to compete without high round draft picks. 

1 minute ago, Jeremy Igo said:

You are the only one in here that has thrown out the "only real fans" nonsense. Are you talking to youself?

Na, I was actually thinking of my Mom in that instance. She isn't a real fan. She's one of those "hey are the Panthers playing today? Is that number 1 still playing for the Panthers? Are they good this year?" That type of fan, but nevertheless whatever. 

4 minutes ago, nctarheelreincarnated said:

200.gif

Damn right, because I want future consistent success. I'm looking forward to the future of this team. This year is a rebuild, and winning means nothing! 

You need to find a different team. There is no guarantee anyone we draft next year will give us immediate or sustained success for the future. You build a winning culture from the start & continue to build. You realize when you tank it will still be three years before you see success from your draft hero. 

Just now, gakonline said:

You need to find a different team. There is no guarantee anyone we draft next year will give us immediate or sustained success for the future. You build a winning culture from the start & continue to build. You realize when you tank it will still be three years before you see success from your draft hero. 

A winning culture from the start? I just don't see how that makes sense. The Colts didn't have a winning culture when they Drafted Manning, and then what happened? Cam took a few years, and this is a rebuild, so a two-three years of mediocrity after getting your Franchise QB? Sign me up if that's the case, if we can get consistent success. Instead of 5 wins one year, 11 the next, 4 wins year after the 11, 10 wins the next year. I'm tired of that poo. You guys can have it, if that's your "winning culture" you want to instill. 

31 minutes ago, nctarheelreincarnated said:

Well, I know three PSL Owners, a guy that went to Clemson when the Panthers played there, a guy that's a huge Panthers fan born and raised in Cary. That's five "real fans" off the top of my head that I know were unhappy with the victory. But again, you do you. You keep riding this "wave" of winning means something. 

I was also one of those guys that went to Clemson...a couple of times actually when they played there. Since that time and today I want nothing more than my Panthers to win every damn game. Even when times seem hard.

4 minutes ago, Datawire said:

I was also one of those guys that went to Clemson...a couple of times actually when they played there. Since that time and today I want nothing more than my Panthers to win every damn game. Even when times seem hard.

Sure you can want it. But that’s your gut talking, what is your head and “instincts” tell you? You know what they tell you. Losing is for the better of the franchise. 

I know this can be situational to the draft year/talent coming out, but just consider where all the top QBs in the league came from:

Lamar, Mahomes, Brees, Wilson, Watson, Rodgers, Prescott, Allen...the highest pick was Josh Allen at 7 overall. 

There aren't even many outliers, you've got Goff (1) Kyler (1) Cam (1)

Even look at other positions--Everyone was getting all crazy about Isaiah Simmons being this instant pro-ready stud, and he looked awful/completely out of his league week 1 and is now behind vets, getting minimal playing time.  You simply never truly know until you throw them out there. Even with Lawrence, Fields, etc.  Same thing happened with Solomon Thomas.  I remember how many craved him like a nice stick of buttah.

Who knows, maybe 4 years from now people will be saying how the hell Sam Ehlinger was drafted behind Trevor and Fields.   

Maybe we end up pick 12-18 and still grab a QB of the future.  Just play to win the game.  Game by game.  Having the right staff in place is the most important thing and getting the overall team that can be a league-wide diabolical force.   

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/draft/

Archived