• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Boston/Whitehead

3 minutes ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

Is wow his brother or just a UNC homer?

I must be a family member because I don't agree with your 13 years of expert Safety play and scouting experience..

That you're giving us for free on a football forum...

Lmao..

19 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

He may be holding them together pre-snap, but post-snap he's the glaring weak link.

Yeah pretty much this.

He flashes every now and then (which is more than you can say about whitehead)

But his angling and positioning is god awful and he gambles like hes still the in ACC

5 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Because you never miss tackles.. That's why you're here.. Instead of playing or coaching.   .lmao

Mr. WOW L.As premiere *expert* on offensive line and safety play dramatic aren't you? Everyone misses tackles most learn from their mistakes, Tre clearly doesn't he makes that same awful wiff twice a week look at every big run the Panthers have given up you Boston has had a shot to stop every one of them for a 8-15 yard gain he is smart enough to be in postion, that's were his postives stop he overpursues takes horrid angles and has to resort to his diving alligator arms wiff.

13 minutes ago, Rags said:

Yeah pretty much this.

He flashes every now and then (which is more than you can say about whitehead)

But his angling and positioning is god awful and he gambles like hes still the in ACC

He's pretty much still the player he was at UNC. Good for a few splash plays but at least an equal number of completely blown plays either with a gamble in coverage or tackling the air where a ball carrier used to be. It was tough to judge him at UNC because that overall secondary was so completely terrible so it was hard to determine if he was making plays to cover for how bad everyone else was or if he was a part of the problem himself. I think the answer was "yes" to both.

8 minutes ago, theinstrumental said:

Boston's a very good deep zone player, which is hard to see because it's literally off screen. The thing that he does the worst, tackling, is always on screen. I'm fine with a free safety who's better in coverage than run support, he's fine. 

Whitehead sucks though

With a MLB like WH a FS who can tackle is the difference between a 12 yard run and a 40+ yard TD.

2 minutes ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

With a MLB like WH a FS who can tackle is the difference between a 12 yard run and a 40+ yard TD.

And with corners like ours and a free safety who can't cover, you get lit up through the air. I already agreed with you that Whitehead's trash, but Boston's at least got some redeeming qualities that make him worth his starting spot. Fortunately for us re: Boston it's much more damaging to get gashed through the air than on the ground right now.

3 minutes ago, theinstrumental said:

And with corners like ours and a free safety who can't cover, you get lit up through the air. I already agreed with you that Whitehead's trash, but Boston's at least got some redeeming qualities that make him worth his starting spot. Fortunately for us re: Boston it's much more damaging to get gashed through the air than on the ground right now.

I don't believe Boston is good enough playing deep to warrant that discrepancy.. It's also not difficult to to see when your tacking is this bad you won't see as many passing attempts.

Archived