• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

REPORT: Industry sources are watching the Panthers for potential GM opening

TheSpecialJuan

Marty is doing the same thing he did in his first tenure.  Putting us in cap hell. 

I think the interesting part of finding a new GM will be finding one that will work with Rhule.  Rhule has a 10 year contract and most GMs want their guy at the helm.  So Tepper is going to have to pick a GM that will be willing to work with Rhule and not impose their own philosophy.

Just now, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Marty is doing the same thing he did in his first tenure.  Putting us in cap hell. 

I think the interesting part of finding a new GM will be finding one that will work with Rhule.  Rhule has a 10 year contract and most GMs want their guy at the helm.  So Tepper is going to have to pick a GM that will be willing to work with Rhule and not impose their own philosophy.

I think the future GM may already be on staff.

15 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

The day Hurney no longer has the GM title is the day I become officially bullish on the Panthers' future.

It happened before.  I frolicked--perhaps too soon. 

Funny how 2 of the GM jobs are the GMs we have/had. 

4 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Yep. His contracts are not good.  He is not who you want negotiating with top agents.  He is their bitch.

There is strong evidence that Rhule was the reason we had a good draft.

1 minute ago, MHS831 said:

Yep. His contracts are not good.  He is not who you want negotiating with top agents.  He is their bitch.

There is strong evidence that Rhule was the reason we had a good draft.

I have no doubt Hurney had the draft card of some small school nobody he wanted.  And Rhule overrode him.

I like that Rhule has more say than Rivera did.  Maybe Rivera didn't insist as much as Rhule.   

I agree though.  2020 draft was all Rhule.

53 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

Geez, you guys sound like what the folks trying to murder Rasputin must have sounded like mid-attempt. Clubbing, shooting, poisoning, strangling, drowning... the guy just wouldn't die before he slumped off into the frigid river.

He's not going anywhere. The guy drafted very, very well -- again. The guy found some great free agents -- again.

The guy was also part of the team that brought Rhule and Co. in. 

Marty gets good players, he gets Superb Owl contending head coaches. In this league, that puts him way above the majority of the GMs. 

His contract work, while improving, does still need work, though.

Dude, you were defending Ron Rivera up to the last breath too.

I get wanting to be positive, but sometimes you just gotta see what's really happening.

13 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Rhule already has an old friend in a prominent position waiting in the wings.

Pat Stewart also has time with the Patriots on his resumé which is a big plus for Tepper.

Archived