• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Richard Marshall

Darth Biscuit

I noticed on two obvious completed passes towards the end of the game by NO where Marshall was lined up on the inside receiver and broke off his coverage towards the outside (were there was no one to cover) while Brees completed the pass to that receiver who was then wide open? Is this Marshall screwing up or is this just the coverage the backs are playing?

Beason said in the article on the Observer outright that there was a "blown coverage." I'm guessing either 1 or both of those passes to Meachem were on Marshall.

I was actually watching on the 2nd one too, if one of you have DVR see if you can find it, but they sent a receiver in motion to the top of the screen... I, just from watching at home, could tell they were about to run the same 3 vertical routes that the first Meachem TD came on just from the alignment. Marshall ran up in front of the slot and started pointing frantically, and appeared to be making a call.

As soon as the ball was snapped, he went on to do the exact same thing he did on the TD pass and jumped like he was looking at a short route while Meachem or whoever it was ran straight down the seam and caught it. I was so pissed... Maybe Marshall should play some Madden in his spare time and polish up his football IQ.

I saw that 2nd pass play line up and said the same thing.

It happened and it obviously is a base call, cuz as soon as Marshall left the WR the ball was thrown, to make sure the ball got there before the safety. The fact that on the first one Gamble whiffed by a mile kinda bugged me too.

but then again, minus those 2 plays (which I admit were the same thing, and huge each time) the Defense over all was pretty good again today.

You have to give the Saints team their props too. They are a really good passing team.

He was supposed to break off, one of the stupidities of playing constant zone defense. He was playing to his zone, not to a specific man.

Zone works some of the time, but when you run it every single time, especially when the ohter team is lined up in trip sets all 3 going vertical....that shitty zone is not going to work.

I saw that 2nd pass play line up and said the same thing.

It happened and it obviously is a base call, cuz as soon as Marshall left the WR the ball was thrown, to make sure the ball got there before the safety. The fact that on the first one Gamble whiffed by a mile kinda bugged me too.

but then again, minus those 2 plays (which I admit were the same thing, and huge each time) the Defense over all was pretty good again today.

You have to give the Saints team their props too. They are a really good passing team.

Haha nothing personal bro.:dita: But Drew just gashed our D in the second half with more then Just to plays. He gashed the whole second half. Our for the most part imploded and played bad accept for the first quarter and a hlf. But the other 2 and a hlf quarters. The carolina D just got blowed up in the secondary . And plus Peppers was not even trying as usual. So dude you must have seen a totally different game then I did. Because I could swear the panthers D for the most play like crap.

Haha nothing personal bro.:dita: But Drew just gashed our D in the second half with more then Just to plays. He gashed the whole second half. Our for the most part imploded and played bad accept for the first quarter and a hlf. But the other 2 and a hlf quarters. The carolina D just got blowed up in the secondary . And plus Peppers was not even trying as usual. So dude you must have seen a totally different game then I did. Because I could swear the panthers D for the most play like crap.

I'll admit I worded that wrong, I meant those 2 big plays. Yeah, they ate the Defense up int eh 2nd half, but, those 2 big plays were the real game changers.

The Panthers Defense did a pretty solid job for the most part, on the #1 scoring offense in the league, of not letting them score a TD each time they made it to the redzone.

The big pass play that led to the Thomas TD was one "big play".

The Big pas play to Meachem was another "big play".

The only other TD they got was from the fumble on the 1 by D.Will.

The were 1 for 5 in the redzone, and that was Thomas TD.

For the #1 Scoring offense playing a 3-4 team at home. I'd say minus those 2 big plays, the Panthers Defense was pretty solid.... so I stick by what I said above... with a correction in wording.

we knew coming in the Saints were going to score... They are good. Brees is really good.

the last part of the game is hard for me to really blame the defense.. by then it had been a long game and it seemed the defense had lost it's mojo. Hard to stay in the game that long with a guy like Brees behind center.

Archived