• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Wiseman won't make it to #3

bLACKpANTHER

8 hours ago, TikTOK said:

I’d be extremely happy if we could get Edwards or Wiseman. If I have to put my money on someone, I would go with Obi Toppin as the being the best player in this draft. 

Could totally see Toppin being the best as well.  He is really skilled offensively and if plays defense there really isn't much he cant do.  He is really good albeit a little older but barring injury he will be good.

I have looked at all the prospects quite a bit at this point and I really like Edwards but I have settled on the fact that this guy is the best player in the draft.  Dude is like Chris Webber and I just love his intensity.  If he improves his jump shot he will be a superstar.  Great defender out of the gate as well.  He is also a great fit with this team.  I would just take Okongwu.

15 hours ago, TikTOK said:

Big fan of Okongwu as well. I would just love to see this team be able to take advantage of other teams. Trade down, add some assets in 2020 or 2021 and still get Okongwu. That’s what the great franchises do. Know where the players are ranked and take them where they are supposed to be taken. We could’ve robbed the Celtics back in 2015. My only concern with Okongwu is that I don’t want Jordan to just take the kid and believe that he’s getting the next Bam Adebayo. That scares the crap out of me. Also, I’m not so sure that Okongwu is a legit 6’9” big man. We’d still be a pretty small team. Okongwu would be a better PF than Center. Now, you’d have to move PJ to SF and Miles to SG. Not sure that’ll work out well. 

That is certainly true, although traditional Centers are not quite where league appears to be going.  Anyway the draft should be awesome this year.  Looking forward to it big time.

9 minutes ago, Shocker said:

That is certainly true, although traditional Centers are not quite where league appears to be going.  Anyway the draft should be awesome this year.  Looking forward to it big time.

https://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/29861481/nba-draft-2020-perfect-picks-every-team-first-round

Got us picking ole dude from USC over Edwards. Not sure how I feel about that. But, oh well. 

Just now, nctarheelreincarnated said:

https://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/29861481/nba-draft-2020-perfect-picks-every-team-first-round

Got us picking ole dude from USC over Edwards. Not sure how I feel about that. But, oh well. 

Yeah that would be an amazingly difficult choice.  Either one for me but we need a big so Okongwu fits well.  Not to mention I am not ready to give up on Monk yet. 

11 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Yeah that would be an amazingly difficult choice.  Either one for me but we need a big so Okongwu fits well.  Not to mention I am not ready to give up on Monk yet. 

I don't think Monk is starter quality at this point. I do think however Edwards is. 

He compares him to Donovan Mitchell, while comparing ole dude from USC to Bam Adeybeyo. Hmmmmmmmm

23 hours ago, bull123 said:

We were a horrible def rebounding team and had no def in the middle

Thanks for the the update, I need to re-learn the team some. Honestly I have not followed hardcore since Larry Brown was the coach. 

Need about 3 updates just to get to casual fan. 

I was adamant about not wanting Wiseman once the lottery was set.  But as time has gone on, I am now adamant I do NOT want Edwards.  I'm still cold on Wiseman too, but I could make sense of it if we pick him now.  But, Edwards is scary to me.  I think he has the biggest bust potential of the draft, by far.

On 11/15/2020 at 12:45 PM, TikTOK said:

I agree with you somewhat. I think that Wiseman is more of a Deandre Jordan or Andre Drummond. Best case scenario is that he turns into a Rudy Gobert who can shoot from the 3 pt. I just don’t really see the Chris Bosh comparison. At the end of the day, we need a center badly. It’s our weakest link on the team.  Only a couple teams are effective playing the small ball like Golden State because they have two great shooters and Draymond who is an all around player to go along with an elite head coach. Wiseman would help us tremendously and someone to guard a Giannis or Anthony Davis. I know that Bam was hurt during the finals but he and the Heat couldn’t contain AD in the biggest best out of 7. 

Me and m28 are having similar talk about DB and is he worth as a DT. Is a old school type of Center the key to hornets future championships, Mitch suuure is trying to add one.

Archived