• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Zod

Matt Foley

Who sutton? I will rewatch the game but after the 1st half the run game was nonexistent so I would assume he sucked a$$. I wouldn't mind putting him in there every once in awhile to make D's have to respect his receiving ability but otherwise no thanks.

Brought back memories of the late 80's and early 90's when I would buy laser light show tickets for 2 dollars, erase the name of the event and just write in the bucs game on the ticket. Old ladies at the turn style never even noticed.

good times.... good times.

Oh, and yes, add the rook FB to the list of keepers that would have never had a chance under fox if it weren't for injuries.

Oh, and yes, add the rook FB to the list of keepers that would have never had a chance under fox if it weren't for injuries.

Come on now, Zod: Sutton had a good game, but does anybody think he should have started over Hoover or even Fiammetta?

The guy obviously isn't a long-term option at the fullback position. Can he be great depth for us, both at the fullback position and the running back position? Sure. But it's sort of unfair to say that Fox didn't give him a shot to be Hoover's replacement when it's not even his position.

He had a great game and I'm looking forward to seeing more of him. Just not as Hoover's replacement.

I thought Sutton looked good. He isn't who I'd want to run at fullback most of the time however.

He does add good depth to the RB position it seems though and when he got the ball he picked up good yardage.

I'd like to see him and Goodson used more often. Sutton to take a few carries in power run situations and in dual RB formations and Goodson to receive passes from the slot.

need to keep sutton active.

we have a lot of good weapons on the offense but there are three things holding it back (in no particular order):

1) playcalling

2) not having a real QB

3) a coaching staff and group of players who are hopelessly devoted to their lovable but ineffective QB who they are too afraid to let throw the ball.

I was shocked when I saw Sutton lining up at full back. They reason he went to NU and not Ohio State/Michigan/Penn State was because they all thought he was too small. His senior year of HS he won the Ohio Mr. Football award but none of the big schools would give him a scholarship because he was undersized.

That said it looks like he's bulked up a little bit since his time at Northwestern, but he's still only listed as 5'8" 213. That's an inch shorter and 5lbs lighter the Williams. I think we'd be better leaving FB to the big boys, however I like to see sutton worked into the running / receiving game. He caught a lot of passes in college (at least 30 every season).

Archived