• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

PJ for Pres!

SmittysLawnGuy

3 hours ago, CRA said:

INT#1 - horrible playcall l by Brady IMO.  4 WRs jammed in to the left and has the throw going left at the goal line.  That is a tremendous amount of defensive bodies he was asking a first start QB to throw into.  Why? 

You're the second person I've heard say this, and both of you are wrong.

The play design left a wide, wide, wide open Robby Anderson standing right at the goal line. That would have been an easy six, and Walker was even looking in the correct direction.

He just made a horrible, inexplicable choice.

4 hours ago, DeAngelo Beason said:

Teddy is the better QB, but lacks the arm to make the throws you need to make in tight contests.  If PJ had Teddy's decision making ability we'd have a nuclear weapon at QB.

Do we actually know PJ’s decision making is really that bad? 

2nd INT was throwing to a spot.  DJ got knocked off his route.   Think that looked a lot worse than it was.  I mean you would like to see PJ see that she then not throw it but...

And I still fault Joe Brady on that first pick more than anyone.  Horrible play design for that scenario.  

But he does have the gun slinger mentality.   Which means riskier throws.   That can’t be debated.  

Teddy has shown some poor decision making too.  Checking down when you can’t check down is just as costly.  Just nicer on the stat sheet and emotions. 

13 minutes ago, SmittysLawnGuy said:

I know Mr. Scott is status quo but that guy felt like a real QB. Yes fun and exciting! That translates to wins. Take your metrics and stuff them. Team energy is real! If he lost by 30 you may be on to something. He just broke your boys 5 game losing streak. Why not give him a chance?

Because we won by shutting out the opponent. It had nothing to do with the exciting end zone interceptions. 

10 minutes ago, Moo Daeng said:

Because we won by shutting out the opponent. It had nothing to do with the exciting end zone interceptions

You're missing all points. We fluffed the Falcons! Don't care about Teddy lovers or haters. That dude (Walker} showed me the propensity to win a game with balls! Check down Charlie, lost 5 in a row!

Archived