• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Deangelo Williams - Best Back in the NFL

Tank

Okay, so I have heard people mention the normal RBs when naming the top (D-Will, Johnson, Peterson, Jones-Drew) but am kinda curious why no one has mentioned Ray Rice? He is only second to Johnson in total yards from scrimmage... being in Baltimore, I watch some Raven's games and personally wish D-Will was used more like Rice (who has 40 receptions for over 450 yards and over 560 yards rushing)... any opinions/comments?

To hell with 40 receptions. I wish D Will had caught that one pass in the end zone yesterday............

To hell with 40 receptions. I wish D Will had caught that one pass in the end zone yesterday............

Don't you mean either of the two? either the one that would have put us up to 24 (instead of 20) or at the end of the game... or even both would have been nice...

But seriously, if you look at Rice's numbers (Rushing - 573 yards, 5 TDs, Receiving - 46 receptions, 436 yards, 1 TD)... don't you guys think D-Will could do a lot of damage in the open space? Even Bush moved the ball half-way decent yesterday when put out in space as a check down...

Both Rice and D-Will are that of the same size and speed; Rice being listed @ 5'8" 210lbs and D-Will listed @ 5'9" 217lbs...

Don't you mean either of the two? either the one that would have put us up to 24 (instead of 20) or at the end of the game... or even both would have been nice...

But seriously, if you look at Rice's numbers (Rushing - 573 yards, 5 TDs, Receiving - 46 receptions, 436 yards, 1 TD)... don't you guys think D-Will could do a lot of damage in the open space? Even Bush moved the ball half-way decent yesterday when put out in space as a check down...

Both Rice and D-Will are that of the same size and speed; Rice being listed @ 5'8" 210lbs and D-Will listed @ 5'9" 217lbs...

Getting DWill receptions would mean we have to let out QB pass.... that's not happening.

DWill is great, but so is our run blocking.

Just wanted to say that. I feared him gashing us and before I could even get in my comfy recliner he is off and running. The dude is simply awesome. We can all agree and disagree on other parts of the game but one we can and should all agree on is this guy is the best RB in football...period end of discussion. He took a heck of a hit from Sharper on one of those gashes up the middle but never missed a beat. You guys are lucky to have him.

Peterson is great, but DeAngelo having 100+ yard games while playing in a totally one-dimensional offense against a stacked box on almost every attempt proves he is the best.

Peterson holds onto the ball about as well as DeShaun Foster. Nobody every mentions that though. He actually may fumble MORE than Foster.

Hummm, but not as much as Williams.

Peterson:

Carries 163

Fumbles 2

Fumbles Lost 2

D'Will:

Carries 149

Fumbles 3

Fumbles Lost 3

Hummm, but not as much as Williams.

Peterson:

Carries 163

Fumbles 2

Fumbles Lost 2

D'Will:

Carries 149

Fumbles 3

Fumbles Lost 3

Peterson has three times as many fumbles as Williams over the last three years.

The running game is basically Carolina's only offensive option this year. The Vikings don't have that issue.

Archived