• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Updated GM Update

Mr. Scot

So here's hoping for news tomorrow or in the next few days, and hoping that it's good news.

Jerry Richardson is gone. His chief lieutenants are gone. There's a new head coach and soon to be a new GM who we all sincerely hope is the right man for the job.

We have the chance to mark a real turning point in this team's fortunes, leave the mediocrity behind and watch something special unfold.

So to quote the great Leeroy Jenkins, let's do this...

...and let's do it right.

5 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

So here's hoping for news tomorrow or in the next few days, and hoping that it's good news.

Jerry Richardson is gone. His chief lieutenants are gone. There's a new head coach and soon to be a new GM who we all sincerely hope is the right man for the job.

We have the chance to mark a real turning point in this team's fortunes, leave the mediocrity behind and watch something special unfold.

So to quote the great Leeroy Jenkins, let's do this...

...and let's do it right.

I hope you’re right but I can’t shake the feeling this team might mire in mediocrity for another decade regardless of who they hire. 

3 minutes ago, hepcat said:

I hope you’re right but I can’t shake the feeling this team might mire in mediocrity for another decade regardless of who they hire. 

Won't lie. That particular fear sits on my shoulders too.

Hence why I say, dear Panthers, please please please get this right!

I've sat through 15 seasons of Marty Hurney. It's time to change the channel.

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Won't lie. That particular fear sits on my shoulders too.

Hence why I say, dear Panthers, please please please get this right!

I've sat through 15 seasons of Marty Hurney. It's time to change the channel.

It’s why I said in another thread, they need to find someone who can scout the next franchise QB. Snooping around Dwayne Haskins ain’t gonna cut it. They need to nail down the QB position.

1 minute ago, hepcat said:

It’s why I said in another thread, they need to find someone who can scout the next franchise QB. Snooping around Dwayne Haskins ain’t gonna cut it. They need to nail down the QB position.

I know Adam Peters personally scouted Zach Wilson.

I don't think our odds of getting him are very good, but I like knowing that one of our candidates took a close look.

6 minutes ago, BurnNChinn said:

Wow just read Fontenot is front-runner for Falcons job. If hired saints will get an third rd comp pick. Man they are just so damn lucky right now.

Speculation is also that if Fontenot gets that job, Joe Brady will get the head coaching gig.

Fontenot and Brady would be familiar with each other from Brady's time with the Saints

So according to Albert Breer, Adam Peters got an endorsement from his old boss.

John Elway is said to have called David Tepper to put in a "strong word" for Peters.

Might help explain why Elway didn't seek an interview with Peters himself. He's hoping to help him get the Panthers GM gig.

That makes me think he might know that Peters wants the job.

Here's the full text of Breer's thoughts on the Panthers GM search from this morning.

MMQB - 1/11

I wouldn’t be shocked if the Panthers make more than one hire in the coming weeks. The GM search, as I see it, could go one of two ways. Either they’ll make a move on a Matt Rhule-connected scouting type like New Orleans’s Jeff Ireland or San Francisco’s Adam Peters (I’m told John Elway put in a strong word for Peters with Carolina owner David Tepper), or they’ll go the analytics-centered route and hire Cleveland’s Kwesi Adofo-Mensah. If they choose the latter path, don’t be shocked if an assistant GM-type of hire follows. One name to watch would be Chiefs assistant director of player personnel Ryan Poles—he interviewed for the Panthers GM job, and it’s not far-fetched to think that Carolina could pair him and director of player personnel Pat Stewart with Adofo-Mensah. Regardless of which path is chosen, this much is clear: Tepper wants diversity of skill set in his new, more modern personnel operation. It’ll be interesting to see what that all looks like six months from now.

9 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Here's the full text of Breer's thoughts on the Panthers GM search from this morning.

MMQB - 1/11

I wouldn’t be shocked if the Panthers make more than one hire in the coming weeks. The GM search, as I see it, could go one of two ways. Either they’ll make a move on a Matt Rhule-connected scouting type like New Orleans’s Jeff Ireland or San Francisco’s Adam Peters (I’m told John Elway put in a strong word for Peters with Carolina owner David Tepper), or they’ll go the analytics-centered route and hire Cleveland’s Kwesi Adofo-Mensah. If they choose the latter path, don’t be shocked if an assistant GM-type of hire follows. One name to watch would be Chiefs assistant director of player personnel Ryan Poles—he interviewed for the Panthers GM job, and it’s not far-fetched to think that Carolina could pair him and director of player personnel Pat Stewart with Adofo-Mensah. Regardless of which path is chosen, this much is clear: Tepper wants diversity of skill set in his new, more modern personnel operation. It’ll be interesting to see what that all looks like six months from now.

I wouldn't mind KAM but we would lose 2 3rd round draft picks for him. 

Archived