• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Harden to the Brooklyn Nets

6 hours ago, t96 said:

So with Allen in Cleveland I'm guessing Drummond is available. Should the Hornets be interested? Would be a big upgrade at C, though not sure he'd fit in with our fast paced team this year...

Drummond is a FA after this season so it would be a rental.  And yeah, good comment on his fit as he puts up monster stats but hurts team chemistry as well.  

The haul that Houston got there is pretty mind boggling but if those picks end up mid to late 1st their value is pretty low.

10 hours ago, Shocker said:

Drummond is a FA after this season so it would be a rental.  And yeah, good comment on his fit as he puts up monster stats but hurts team chemistry as well.  

The haul that Houston got there is pretty mind boggling but if those picks end up mid to late 1st their value is pretty low.

yeah - Drummond has amazing stats but his price tag is big, the lane would get clogged and we would really have to change the way we play to incorporate what he does best..

people who are saying we need to trade with the Cavs for Allen right now need a come to Jesus moment, because the Cavs just gave up Exum + 1st Rnd pick for him.. he ain't going no where..

the guy the Cavs have that I really think would fit us well is McGee.. he's another 1-year rental at a much cheaper price than Drummond and has always excelled in the 2 areas we need the most help = rebounding and rim protection.. he is also agile enough to move out to the perimeter and defend the 3 line without looking like a deer in the headlights..

I have to imagine we DEF are on the phone with the Cavs: they have Drummond, Allen, McGee, Kevin Love and Larry Nance.. 5 bigs that can all play the center position.. even when Cody get's healthy, he isn't the solution to our problem.. he's on the last year of his contract and we gotta be thinking of upgrading our bigs across the board..

--------------------------------------

If I were Mitch, I would say Monk for McGee straight up.. that would help us this year and do nothing but kick the can down the road another year, but solidifying our Bigs for a playoff run creating excitement while the league gets a better look at Ball/Hayward/Terry.. this might become an attractive place to lure FAs in a year or 2..

Archived