• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

man that 3 at the buzzer bounced twice right on the verge of going in but we see overtime....impressive to come back without melo and Monk, but you need guards for overtime.  can Gordon finally make some plays?

dang.. woulda been amazing to get that W

crazy how we just got back off 2 West Coast trips and now we run right back out for a 6 game road trip.. good thing is we will have a ton of home stands down the stretch..

the next few games are not crazy tough like the stretch of DEN, LAL, LAC, SA we just came back from - but they are some more important games against IND, BOS and ATL..

• Pie 1

What in the hell?  Did Gordon just disappear once again?  

What a wasted signing, if we are not careful, he will fall into the Batum role of overpaid bench warmer. 

• Pie 1

that was a heartbreaker.  So close, and missing Melo and Monk...not a good game from Gordon and still almost beat one of the best teams in the league.

We've got pieces....a lot.  Just need a big man.  Finally, a fun time to be a Hornet fan.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Really tough loss yesterday but it's impressive that we were that close against the 2nd best team in the West without Monk and Melo... This team is really coming together, and whether we get a top 6 seed or a play-in round seed, I really think we'll win some games in the playoffs, especially if Melo is back to 100% full speed by then, which seems very possible.

4 hours ago, t96 said:

Really tough loss yesterday but it's impressive that we were that close against the 2nd best team in the West without Monk and Melo... This team is really coming together, and whether we get a top 6 seed or a play-in round seed, I really think we'll win some games in the playoffs, especially if Melo is back to 100% full speed by then, which seems very possible.

We could end up 4 or 5 which gives us a good chance to win a first round playoffs

granted this is a lofty goal 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• BELIEVE!!!

jimmy-clausen.jpg

• Topics

• If indeed that order played out it would give us  choice of drafting one of the following high ranked draftees,minus one that Detroit would select. Even in a trade back sceniro we would still have a good group to chose from.  OT Penei Sewell, OT Rashawn Slater, OT Christian Darrisaw, CB Patrick Surtain ll, CB Caleb Farley, CB  Jaycee Horn, WR Devonta Smith, WR Jaylon Waddle,  LB Micah Parsons, DE  Gregory Rousseau, DE Kwity Paye.
    • Basically, Darnold does really well after the play breaks down, but that was the only time he was given the authority to go off script.  A QB who sees something should be given that authority.  It keeps everyone guessing--including your WRs and OL.  For example, if the qb can call a hot route at the LOS, do it.  If he sees the CB cheat toward the intended WR, throw it to the WR he vacated---etc.  I am getting excited about Darnold and Brady with CMC and a few weapons.  I am happy about Elfein at LG.  (Maybe he becomes the C, but for now, LG). Get that LT...slot WR...CB.  Those are the 3 picks we needed from the Jets.
    • A lot of times when coaches are scouting a player, they notice another player in the process.  So when we sign players from the same team, I try to figure it out.  Why take 2 players off a team with a terrible offense?  So I figured, "We were doing our due diligence on Darnold and Elfein may have been that "other" player.  So when I was watching this, I started watching #67.  Why would we give him a 3-year deal?  I get it.  He is solid.  at the 8 minute mark, he takes a DT to his left with his right arm alone.  Later, a DT tries to cross his face and swim over him, and drags him 5 yards down the LOS, allowing Darnold to run for about 20 yards. (9 min mark).   There are other plays, but I did not see him get beat---he was on a BAD OL and he held his own.  He may need to anchor vs. the bull rush a bit, but I am sold. I am actually taking LG off my list of concerns.