• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bieniemy apparently out of the running in Houston

Mr. Scot

1 minute ago, Basbear said:

I mean the last white CB I think was Jason Sehorn(1990s), wheres are the out-rage about that? What would be the reaction if the NFL started forcing teams to play more whites/non-blacks at CB? Like draft picks, WR has to play with a weight vest, allow defenses one more player, all 50/50 calls go in favor etc. Plus no one should tell you how/who to hire if you spent 3 billion on a business. That goes the same if you build a small business form nothing too. Equal part is gone too, since the other method is to lower standards to make the "unfair" testing right. 

These morons still haven’t figured out the difference between equity and equality but are comfortable calling people racists based on factual information because it hurts their feelings.

• Pie 1

So what you guys are saying is that even thought black people might test better for playing they aren't as good as white people as the intellectual stuff, even though black people haven't even been given the same opportunities to prove this as white people have. I mean, white players are all over college football and they get chances to play football. Black assistants don't get the same opportunities as white assistants to even test your theory. Just Lol, the bitterness

• Pie 1

Just now, ImaginaryKev said:

So what you guys are saying is that even thought black people might test better for playing they aren't as good as white people as the intellectual stuff, even though black people haven't even been given the same opportunities to prove this as white people have. I mean, white players are all over college football and they get chances to play football. Black assistants don't get the same opportunities as white assistants to even test your theory. Just Lol, the bitterness

Dude, the fact that you think coaching is solely based on intelligence tells the story. No one said that anyone was more intelligent than anyone. Leaders can be morons. See the last 30 years of US leadership for reference.

Just now, WarHeel said:

These morons still haven’t figured out the difference between equity and equality but are comfortable calling people racists based on factual information because it hurts their feelings.

Like I said, it has to be the right type of people. Brainwashing, guilt tripping, and social signaling has a firm grasp on many minds. Sad times in a great era. 

• Pie 2

Black coaches haven't even been given the same opportunities to prove their merit. On the football fields the tape speaks for itself. And the best players play. If you wanna argue that black coaches never get the job done, be my guest, but that'd involve black coaches actually getting a fair shot, which they don't. 

Again, it's clear some of you want to divorce race from the hiring process when it's a factor, and unconscious bias can be the reason for that and it might not even be intentional. I can buy that  But if you think black coaches have been afforded the same opportunities as white ones you're just kidding yourself. 

And yeah, when you bring up the lack of white DBs and how there isn't an outrage bc of it, yeah I'm gonna guess you're just bitter about racial conversations in general where black people advocate for themselves and maybe a lack of representation in defensive secondaries? who knows

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, ImaginaryKev said:

Black coaches haven't even been given the same opportunities to prove their merit. On the football fields the tape speaks for itself. And the best players play. If you wanna argue that black coaches never get the job done, be my guest, but that'd involve black coaches actually getting a fair shot, which they don't. 

Something tells me if you were in charge and we had the opportunity to sign the greatest football coach that ever lived you’d give the job to a guy that looks like you just because the other guy has “had more opportunities.”

Now does that sound like a fair assumption? Because that’s pretty much what you’re doing to me on the other end.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, ImaginaryKev said:

There where many that got hired in the past 10 years, coaching in the NFL is a short term deal. Most got fired, just like the white ones. You do know that RR is the longest tenured coach in the NFC east right? In fact if you get past the top five HCs, I believe the longest tenure starts at 2017.  

11 minutes ago, WarHeel said:

A percentage of the general population being one ethnicity/gender/fillintheblank doesn’t generate automaticity for a leadership position. That’s exactly my point. Nothing layered to the comment. Take it for what it is and stop accusing others of doing what you’re doing.

Despite the fact that this certain demo can master the game well enough to play it? In the tune of 70% of the league being represented in this capacity. Them being able to lead in it is where things get tricky, right? Cmon dude. 

3 minutes ago, WarHeel said:

Something tells me if you were in charge and we had the opportunity to sign the greatest football coach that ever lived you’d give the job to a guy that looks like you just because the other guy has “had more opportunities.”

Now does that sound like a fair assumption? Because that’s pretty much what you’re doing to me on the other end.

I'm not assuming anything, you've frequently made excuses for black people not being treated fairly here and in other forums. This is a pattern with you. 

3 minutes ago, ImaginaryKev said:

Despite the fact that this certain demo can master the game well enough to play it? In the tune of 70% of the league being represented in this capacity. Them being able to lead in it is where things get tricky, right? Cmon dude. 

“Those that can’t do teach.” Ever heard of that one?

Ill say again, great players don’t make great coaches.