• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jameis Winston starting in NO next year?????

kungfoodude

13 hours ago, Harbingers said:

I think he will run a two QB set if he doesn’t draft or trade for(ya I know, with what) a QB. 

Same page.  Hill is not going to get you jewelry, but a disciplined, focused, and coached Winston.  They pick at 28 or something similar, and I think Jones will be gone, leaving them with Trask, Mond, and maybe Newman.   Winston is their best option.

I Still do not expect Brees to go quietly into that good night.  He will either come back dramatically, or will milk the idea for attention then retire.

• Pie 1

11 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Same page.  Hill is not going to get you jewelry, but a disciplined, focused, and coached Winston.  They pick at 28 or something similar, and I think Jones will be gone, leaving them with Trask, Mond, and maybe Newman.   Winston is their best option.

I Still do not expect Brees to go quietly into that good night.  He will either come back dramatically, or will milk the idea for attention then retire.

God I hope he tries to come back. He was so clearly on the decline, even before his ribs got smashed. He'll play until the fans turn on him.

• Pie 1

11 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

The Saints salary cap thing is a magical and evil beast that needs to be slain. There has to come a day of reckoning for them eventually, right?

It really is time to pay the band.  I see a closing window--or closed one--if you look at their roster, cap figure, and draft capital.

OTC shows Taysom Hill with a cap figure of $16m.  Let that sink in.  The same as their LT and within 3 million of the cap figures for Michael Thomas and Cam Jordan. Hill has the 4th highest salary on the team if Brees retires.

Edited by MHS831
  • Pie 1
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

If they get out of this offseason without having to nuke the roster, the NFL salary cap isn't real.

If that happens, they have 8 x 10 glossies on somebody.

I really have no idea what they were thinking when they inked Hill, but I guess the good news for them is it only runs one more year.  It was like the consulted our former GM during the negotiations.

1 minute ago, Sgt Schultz said:

If that happens, they have 8 x 10 glossies on somebody.

I really have no idea what they were thinking when they inked Hill, but I guess the good news for them is it only runs one more year.  It was like the consulted our former GM during the negotiations.

I am eager to see what the new cap is.

• Beer 1

Just now, kungfoodude said:

I am eager to see what the new cap is.

Me too, because I have seen everything from $176M to flat with this past year.

For NOLA, it is the difference between a bright red, boldfaced number land a bright red, boldfaced, flashing number.

Teams have played salary cap Russian roulette before.  Eventually, they all found the chamber with the bullet.  The 49ers did so in the 90s, almost like they expected the cap to go away.  It didn't, and everybody heard the bang.

• Beer 1

8 minutes ago, Sgt Schultz said:

Me too, because I have seen everything from $176M to flat with this past year.

For NOLA, it is the difference between a bright red, boldfaced number land a bright red, boldfaced, flashing number.

Teams have played salary cap Russian roulette before.  Eventually, they all found the chamber with the bullet.  The 49ers did so in the 90s, almost like they expected the cap to go away.  It didn't, and everybody heard the bang.

I cannot believe they have skated as long as they have. The mess this is going to create will make Hurney 1.0's look like a crumb. 

But, in fairness, they maintained a hell of a competitive window. Absolutely dropped the ball on what should have been 1-2 titles.