• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL Network previews the QB carousel

Mr. Scot

4 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

1. Trade for Watson

2. Trade up in draft (probably to #2 or #3) for Wilson

3. Trade for Carr

4. Lesser trade up in the draft for Fields or Lance (#5 or #6)

5. Sign Trubisky as FA (this could still be a bridge option if we plan to go with #4)

6. Trade for Minshew

Not interested in trading for Wentz, Darnold, or limping another season with Teddy.

I generally agree with this list.  Regarding #1,  I think the main thing we would offer as an advantage for the Texans over the Jets, etc. is that we are in the NFC and they would be trading him out of the conference.  In about 2 years after Brady, Brees, Rodgers, Ryan retires, the quality of QB play will be ridiculously shifted towards the AFC due to all of the elite young QBs.  If we got Watson, he'd be the only elite nfc quarterback under 30.

I'd probably rather have Minshew than Trubisky.  Honestly, I'd say if we can't get Watson or a QB through the draft, he would be my next option.  He played really well as a rookie and was battling a thumb injury last year, so there wouldn't be as much risk as a shoulder injury, etc.  This article suggests he could be had for a day 3 pick.

https://www.bigcatcountry.com/2021/2/5/22269002/big-cat-country-q-a-how-much-is-gardner-minshew-worth-in-a-trade

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Ted Ginn Jr.'s Hands said:

I generally agree with this list.  Regarding #1,  I think the main thing we would offer as an advantage for the Texans over the Jets, etc. is that we are in the NFC and they would be trading him out of the conference.  In about 2 years after Brady, Brees, Rodgers, Ryan retires, the quality of QB play will be ridiculously shifted towards the AFC due to all of the elite young QBs.  If we got Watson, he'd be the only elite nfc quarterback under 30.

I'd probably rather have Minshew than Trubisky.  Honestly, I'd say if we can't get Watson or a QB through the draft, he would be my next option.  He played really well as a rookie and was battling a thumb injury last year, so there wouldn't be as much risk as a shoulder injury, etc.  This article suggests he could be had for a day 3 pick.

https://www.bigcatcountry.com/2021/2/5/22269002/big-cat-country-q-a-how-much-is-gardner-minshew-worth-in-a-trade

If we can get Minshew for a day three pick, then I agree. I pretty much only ranked Trubisky ahead of Minshew due to not having to give up anything in a trade for Trubisky, but Minshew would also come with a considerably cheaper cap hit too since he's still in his cookie contract.

I wanted to throw this out there for people clamoring about a 'sure thing' QB.  I've said it before, you have to sometimes look below the surface and see what potential is there.  Scouting is an inexact science and if it was all about the obvious (records, tangibles, hype) it would be easy.  Some guys get overlooked because of lacking in physical stature, snubs on D-1 offers/4-5 star rankings out of high school, not coming from pedigree college programs or simply stereotypes.  These guys used the snubs to crate a huge chips on their shoulders.  Good for them.

QBs That The Doubters Questioned