• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Muhammad is talking too

Kevin Greene

“We have to almost throw caution to the wind a little bit; try not to play with as much caution,” Muhammad said. “We’re going to make some mistakes and I think that is part of playing football.

“I would love to be aggressive and I think at certain points of the game we are aggressive and certain points we’re not aggressive. That’s totally on our coaches to decide when to do those things.” ..

Amazingly, through eight games this season Carolina’s wide receiving corps has combined for one touchdown, that coming on a 50-yard scoring strike from Delhomme to Smith against Arizona.

Carolina’s other four touchdown receptions went to tight ends.

“I am totally shocked,” said Muhammad, who returned to practice Wednesday after missing the last two games. “It’s amazing. It’s befuddling to me. I don’t understand it.

Yikes

http://www.carolinagrowl.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=258:muhammad-panthers-need-to-be-more-aggressive-in-the-passing-game&catid=1:articles

What's so hard for Moose to understand? The reason why we're extra conservative now is because we can no longer be aggressive due to Jake. Whenever we try to be, he turns it over.

I wish rep was on

I can't believe he dont understand. Is it really hard to understand

Just wow. Seems like this team is getting dumber and dumber like Fox

I wish rep was on

I can't believe he dont understand. Is it really hard to understand

Just wow. Seems like this team is getting dumber and dumber like Fox

It's like they're so blinded by Jakes personality, they don't recognize his suckiness on the field or refuse to acknowledge it.

moose is exactly right. Arizona didn't bail on Warner when he threw 6 picks against us, they put him in and he threw 5 Tds the next week. Warner has one less Int than Jake but they recognize that they have to throw to win. So do we and Moose knows it.

Funny that in another thread Deon Grant is right on and so smart because he says Jake sucks and now Moose is so stupid in this one because he supports Jake and thinks we need to throw it more and let him play.

I don't think either of them are Einsteins but it is clear we need to pass the ball to win and the only guy who is going to do that this year is Jake. So there really isn't a choice. Play too conservative and we lose, run all the time and we get shut down, or pass it more and maybe we suck maybe we don't.

It isn't that hard to figure out, we need more balance so we have to simply make a gameplan to win and when Jake plays well let him pass. When he doesn't dial it back.

What's so hard for Moose to understand? The reason why we're extra conservative now is because we can no longer be aggressive due to Jake. Whenever we try to be, he turns it over.

I think Moose fully realizes this, but he's trying to say you can't become as one dimensional as we have the past two weeks. If you play that way you'll lose unless your defense, special teams are near perfect and you play mistake free football.

We are a 3-5 football team playing the way we are and clearly the passing game/lack there of has been a factor in basically all but one of our losses (ATL where Double Trouble was just that for the Panthers with costly TOS) and nearly prevented two of our wins. Mixing it up on offense letting Delhomme attack down the field has resulted in turnovers. Protected Delhomme and only letting him manage the game has made us one dimensional and predictable, hurting our running game and preventing our wide receivers from making plays.

Jake Delhomme should have been benched, you don't "bench" the passing game, you bench the QB who can't pass. Our season will be officially over with 2 or 3 more losses. Feely or Moore probably aren't a long term solution but Delhomme has earned his pink slip from the Panthers. That's not to say he's a bad QB who will never have success in the NFL again, but Kurt Warner earned a few pink slips before coming back. Delhomme and the Panthers need change, and Jerry Richardson isn't willing to spare any.

I think Moose fully realizes this, but he's trying to say you can't become as one dimensional as we have the past two weeks. If you play that way you'll lose unless your defense, special teams are near perfect and you play mistake free football.

We are a 3-5 football team playing the way we are and clearly the passing game/lack there of has been a factor in basically all but one of our losses (ATL where Double Trouble was just that for the Panthers with costly TOS) and nearly prevented two of our wins. Mixing it up on offense letting Delhomme attack down the field has resulted in turnovers. Protected Delhomme and only letting him manage the game has made us one dimensional and predictable, hurting our running game and preventing our wide receivers from making plays.

Jake Delhomme should have been benched, you don't "bench" the passing game, you bench the QB who can't pass. Our season will be officially over with 2 or 3 more losses. Feely or Moore probably aren't a long term solution but Delhomme has earned his pink slip from the Panthers. That's not to say he's a bad QB who will never have success in the NFL again, but Kurt Warner earned a few pink slips before coming back. Delhomme and the Panthers need change, and Jerry Richardson isn't willing to spare any.

what he said

moose is exactly right. Arizona didn't bail on Warner when he threw 6 picks against us, they put him in and he threw 5 Tds the next week. Warner has one less Int than Jake but they recognize that they have to throw to win. So do we and Moose knows it.

Funny that in another thread Deon Grant is right on and so smart because he says Jake sucks and now Moose is so stupid in this one because he supports Jake and thinks we need to throw it more and let him play.

I don't think either of them are Einsteins but it is clear we need to pass the ball to win and the only guy who is going to do that this year is Jake. So there really isn't a choice. Play too conservative and we lose, run all the time and we get shut down, or pass it more and maybe we suck maybe we don't.

It isn't that hard to figure out, we need more balance so we have to simply make a gameplan to win and when Jake plays well let him pass. When he doesn't dial it back.

IMO- Blame the Fans...

When the stadium erupts in boo's after every incomplete pass and after Jakes INT's, or even when he walks onto the field, you have to make sure you can bring him back home without the crowd going nuts and booing for him for taking the field.

You cant have your team embarrassed like that at home on TV...

“I would love to be aggressive and I think at certain points of the game we are aggressive and certain points we’re not aggressive. That’s totally on our coaches to decide when to do those things.” ..

So, anyone think they'll go back to the time-tested formula of abandoning the run early and letting Jake throw 35 times, or will they continue to tie his arms to his sides and hand the ball off 40 times a game?

Last year he almost always threw somewhere between 20-25 times per game, and that seemed to work pretty well. And this is purely anecdotal (I may look it up if I get the time and energy), but it seems to me that last year our deep balls tended to come late in the game, after he had plenty of time to get into the flow of things.

I think it's easy and convenient to blame Jake, but at the same time it's fairly lazy. Maybe we need to call games a little better to? Just an idea...

Archived