• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Smoke screen to end all smoke screens

mickeye76

10 minutes ago, mickeye76 said:

If the chips fall the price to trade up for our pick of a rookie goes down. The more qbs go to a new home we are able to get a guy.  For instance if the Jets go big for Watson then fields should be there at three.  Trading up for a rookie gonna be cheaper than the Watson sweepstakes 

If the jets trade for Watson, then the pick they give the Texans will still be used on a QB, even if Darnold is part of the package probably...

Just now, mickeye76 said:

Exactly.  Maybe we like Fields.  Maybe that's the smoke screen.

That doesn’t make any sense.  You’re implying we like Fields as a prospect more than Watson as a proven commodity?  Even if that were true, driving up the price for Watson doesn’t benefit us in any way. In your scenario the Jets trade for Watson, the Texans then take Wilson, and it’s the same outcome as if the Jets just took Wilson in the first place. There is zero benefit to us 

7 minutes ago, mickeye76 said:

Another benefit will be keeping 3 first rounders and some great players.  Y'all are overreacting much like how some wanted to fire Rivera before he could get a chance. Give Rhule three years before y'all get all antsy.  Lots of salary cap room in 2022. Another draft and off season this season we gonna have some pieces in place.  

LOL! Ron should've been fired at least two years before he was. 

We look to be exploring every option to upgrade the QB position and that's exactly what we should be doing.

• Pie 2

16 minutes ago, JawnyBlaze said:

That doesn’t make any sense.  You’re implying we like Fields as a prospect more than Watson as a proven commodity?  Even if that were true, driving up the price for Watson doesn’t benefit us in any way. In your scenario the Jets trade for Watson, the Texans then take Wilson, and it’s the same outcome as if the Jets just took Wilson in the first place. There is zero benefit to us 

I'm implying nothing. I am saying maybe we like our name in the hunt.  In my scenario we keep our picks and we keep our core players whether thats CMC, Burns, etc.  Y'all impatient.  

Pat on the back for myself.  So tired of the dozens of threads bout the Panthers trading for Watson.  I mean how many more can any of us stand.  If it happens cool for y'all.  I'll enjoy playing the hindsight game and talking bout the picks we traded.  We will see who was "stupid" one day.  Or we could win a super bowl every year Watson is under contract.  😆 I have my doubts.  Shid he never did it in Houston.  Hell how many playoff games did he win? That's par.  

• Poo 1

1 hour ago, mickeye76 said:

Unpopular opinion and personal pipe dream.  Watson is a smoke screen.  We are driving up the price and also keeping our profile high.  Smart move would be to let the chips fall where they may and reap the benefits of the market settling.  

Makes a LOT more sense than the Texans shipping DW under any circumstances...

• Poo 1

51 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

LOL! Ron should've been fired at least two years before he was. 

We look to be exploring every option to upgrade the QB position and that's exactly what we should be doing.

Not disputing that Rivera overstayed his welcome.  I'm talking bout how people were calling for his head one year before a coach of the year and 15-1 season.   

• Poo 2

56 minutes ago, mickeye76 said:

Pat on the back for myself.  So tired of the dozens of threads bout the Panthers trading for Watson.  I mean how many more can any of us stand.  If it happens cool for y'all.  I'll enjoy playing the hindsight game and talking bout the picks we traded.  We will see who was "stupid" one day.  Or we could win a super bowl every year Watson is under contract.  😆 I have my doubts.  Shid he never did it in Houston.  Hell how many playoff games did he win? That's par.  

Or we could just stay the course and do what we've always done - hope to surprise with a good year a couple of times a decade. That's been going oh so well.

• Beer 1