• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hurney is fired, you are named interim GM ...

Zod

I am following the premise he laid out a mid-season switch meaning I can't expect to get starters in FA. I would go vincent because he has talent and it wasn't a year ago that Vincent was a scub and now hes finally starting to look like one. And you picked Hayden and Williams as two of your players and neither are even starting.

So your saying Vincent is starting too look like a scrub when the run game is picking up?? that does not make sense

Zod

Jangler

nc_biscuit

Meat

Happy Panther

:lol:

The Hell you say. Ok, I'll let you cut Zod but none of my friends....

Why can I only cut 5?

If you really want to send a message, promote the Practice Squad to start and let the 1st stringers ride the pine. If you are gonna go "Scorched Earth Policy" you might as well do it big.... :D

Interesting questions. Assuming I have to do this and immediately cut five starts in the middle of the season:

Moose (sorry pal, love ya, but it's time if I'm forced to cut five immediately)

Hollis Thomas (he's been great but he won't be needed once a much younger Kemo is healthy)

Diggs (plenty of talent behind him to step up)

Hoover (Hate to say it, especially since Tony hasn't proven anything, but he'll have to go eventually, probably after the season anyway)

Brayton (Even though he has more than exceeded my expectations, it's time for CJ to see the field consistently)

BTW - check out what comes up when you Google Hollis Thomas. Look at the Wikipedia blurb on the google search results. Hilarious.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=hollis+thomas&aq=f&oq=&aqi=g10

Jake Delhomme. No explanation needed other than that would immediately let people know that I mean business, and nobody is safe under old favoritism rules.

Charles Godfrey. Our Defense has been better without him, as sad of a reality as that is.

Brad Hoover. Thanks for the memories, but it's time to move on for the both of us.

Muhsin Muhammad. See Hoover. Both of these guys are close to retirement anyways.

Tyler Brayton. Does everything well, but nothing stellar. Charles Johnson is ready, and Everette Brown is waiting in the wings.

Next orders of business - Lock Peppers, Thomas Davis, and Tank Tyler up to contract extensions... Extend the following 2011 FA's: DeAngelo Williams, Dante Rosario, Ryan Kalil, and Charles Johnson (at a minimum, we HAVE to do this with Williams)... Persue via trade/FA if they are cut: Jason Campbell, Derek Anderson, Kevin Kolb, or Tarvaris Jackson or some other starting caliber game managing QB, Mark Clayton, Vincent Jackson, Michael Jenkins, or a similar starting/slot caliber WR to start/work the slot opposite Smitty and Jarrett... Draft BPA while filling holes at WR, DT, OLB, G, PR/KR with the realization that we're still a year or two away from bringing in a viable franchise QB via the Draft/trade/FA...

Our next two years should focus on bringing in a QB you aren't terrified to let drop back and throw or adds mobility/the threat to run, keep running on the backs of DWill and JStew while figuring out ways to get Smitty back into the offense (not that dumbass smoke route anymore either!)... Control both lines of scrimmage while also keeping control of the clock.. Emphasize forcing turnovers while not giving them up...

Basically, Fox and Hurney's style and decisions will haunt this team for a couple years once they are gone... The best we can hope for is someone better than Jake at QB, some other WR threats, and that the defense continues to improve...

I try to find a Phillip Rivers/Drew Brees situation, and make the trade for the Drew Brees like the Saints did. I then either draft best available QB in second round or make a trade to get a better QB in First Round. Then I cut Jake if not trade is possible.

Fox is gone, either bring in Cowher or find the next up and coming Coach who is cheaper.

Find a #2 receiver to sign

I try to find a Phillip Rivers/Drew Brees situation, and make the trade for the Drew Brees like the Saints did. I then either draft best available QB in second round or make a trade to get a better QB in First Round. Then I cut Jake if not trade is possible.

Fox is gone, either bring in Cowher or find the next up and coming Coach who is cheaper.

Find a #2 receiver to sign

Drew Brees wasnt traded he was a Free Agent.

hoover...this one will be painful but he is going to be getting hurt more this year and we are going to find that we can manage without him.

moose....got to get the young guys some work since we are going to be relying on them in the future. you weren't going to be re-signed after this year anyway.

jake....good for the team if you are gone. lets move forward. fox, since you can't make the call to bench him, i am taking that option away from you.

landon johnson....you are one of the biggest FA mistakes we have made in a long time. going to correct that.

richard marshall...sorry. nothing personal. you weren't going to be given a new contract with us next year anyway. enjoy the head start.

i'll take it a step further.... crossman fired and davidson is next if he can't get that offense firing on all cylinders (just a hint, go use the box). fox, you are no longer involved in the play-calling. these guys were your choices, you let them do the job.

Archived