Jump to content
  • Welcome!

    Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

    Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

    Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

     

Charlotte real estate market


Ja  Rhule
 Share

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, panther4life said:

Heres some random stats for Single Family Homes for Mecklenburg County in 2021 just for fun:

Largest home by square footage to close so far: 11,689 sq ft. (Peninsula on LKN)

Highest price per square foot (with 1 acre of less of land): $542.61 per square foot

Zip code with the most homes to sell at an average of over 400+ per square foot: 28203(Southend/Dilworth). They slightly edged out the Myers Park/Eastover zip code of 28207.

11 total with 400+ per square foot for 28203, 8 of 400+ per square foot for 28207

Highest priced home to close so far: 4.7 Million in Carmel Estates

Lowest priced home (that actually seems livable) to close so far: $80,000

Houses closed by price point even they sold for:

100-200k: 164. 

200-300k: 961

300-400k: 798

400-500k: 419

500-600k: 214

600-700k: 137

700-800k: 79

800-900k: 61

1 Million+:  162

 Which of these stats do you find most surprising? 

Seems like a huge drop off in demand after $700k.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We went on closing today, sign everything, buyers signed everything. We smiled, chatted for a bit and were told we should see $$$ in next 2-3 hours in our account by attorney.  6 hours later I’m pulling Stewie and asking my realtor where’s my money?  He reached out to attorney and the deal hit a snag because buyer loan company could not confirm his employment status... like wtf!  How do you show up to closing with incomplete loan package and attorneys proceed to do closing anyways?  So now we signed everything and loan company does not even know if the dude have a job?

I told my wife that we are giving them 2 days to sort their poo out and of not we taking large due diligence/earnest money they gave us and putting house back for sale.

  • Pie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, Ja Rhule said:

We went on closing today, sign everything, buyers signed everything. We smiled, chatted for a bit and were told we should see $$$ in next 2-3 hours in our account by attorney.  6 hours later I’m pulling Stewie and asking my realtor where’s my money?  He reached out to attorney and the deal hit a snag because buyer loan company could not confirm his employment status... like wtf!  How do you show up to closing with incomplete loan package and attorneys proceed to do closing anyways?  So now we signed everything and loan company does not even know if the dude have a job?

I told my wife that we are giving them 2 days to sort their poo out and of not we taking large due diligence/earnest money they gave us and putting house back for sale.

If 2 days from now you are still in the 14 day grace period from the original closing date you can't or you breach contract 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, toldozer said:

If 2 days from now you are still in the 14 day grace period from the original closing date you can't or you breach contract 

I don’t think I have a grace period?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If you're in North Carolina everyone does.  Closing date plus 14 days as long as both parties are acting in good faith. If you get mad and pull the deal you'll be on the hook to pay them their money back and they could sue you to perform as well. Chances are the lender didn't get a reply back from his employer so he just needs to make sure his hr department tells the lender for like the 5th time that he still works there.  Its crazy they let everyone sign without it though. Did he get the keys yet?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, toldozer said:

If you're in North Carolina everyone does.  Closing date plus 14 days as long as both parties are acting in good faith. If you get mad and pull the deal you'll be on the hook to pay them their money back and they could sue you to perform as well. Chances are the lender didn't get a reply back from his employer so he just needs to make sure his hr department tells the lender for like the 5th time that he still works there.  Its crazy they let everyone sign without it though. Did he get the keys yet?

I think they gave the key to buyer realtor and realtor gave the key to buyers... cause in his email to my realtor last night, he stated that he asked the buyers not to go in or begin moving in this weekend.  
 

Also, looks like we are allowed to charge buyer daily late fees for every day they are late after the closing date.

Sounds like its a fail by the buyer for not being on top of loan company to make sure they got everything they need prior to closing.

Edited by Ja Rhule
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah buyer has some fault but honestly the lender asks for so much (understandably so) it's hard to keep up if you don't have a lender that communicates well. Plus verifying your employment is something you are not really supposed to have a hand in. If he works for a huge company he may not be able to just go knock on his bosses door and make sure it's done. Just know that it's probably stressing them out just as much as it is you.  Unless of course they did get fired on Tuesday.  Lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wow. I have no clue how that happens. There's a lot of fail going on there and none of it is on you. Hell, it may not even be on your buyers. There's a lot of people getting paid in a real estate deal and they're getting paid to avoid bullshit like this happening.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Ja Rhule said:

The attorney got the money in escrow account late on Friday so now we can record the deed first thing on Monday.

Awesome,  glad it worked out for you.  I'm just ready to close on Thursday so we can start spending money lol.  The house we're getting is AWESOME but hasn't been updated in 60 years

  • Pie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, Ja Rhule said:

The attorney got the money in escrow account late on Friday so now we can record the deed first thing on Monday.

Man that’s awesome. Just catching up on this thread. Bizarre that they could have made it all the way to the closing table without “a clear to close”.  That should have been verified 72 hours before hand. Either way, glad this eventually worked out for you  as it didn’t sound good. Congrats.

  • Pie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, toldozer said:

Awesome,  glad it worked out for you.  I'm just ready to close on Thursday so we can start spending money lol.  The house we're getting is AWESOME but hasn't been updated in 60 years

Thats awesome!  We currently building 5k sqft home and it should be done in July.  I’ll post some pictures as it’s coming along.  We went under contract last October so timed it perfectly.

Edited by Ja Rhule
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


  • sam.jpg

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • To give insight into this, I listen to a podcast that has both authors of these articles on it. The Power Rankings author is a rabid Jets fan who kind of doesn't want to see Darnold do well and be reminded, AGAIN, what a dumpster fire his organization is.  He tries to say he's rooting for Darnold, but you can tell from other comments that he really doesn't. He's a little bit in denial about the Panthers playing well the past two weeks.  The QB rankings author is a Patriots (1st) and Saints (2nd) fan who often seems inexplicably annoyed by the Panthers.  He also is a huge Teddy Bridgewater fan for reasons I can't figure out.  Of note, Marc Sessler is also on this podcast and he is a delight. He wasn't a big Cam fan, but he has been talking up this year's Panthers for awhile. 
    • I think this is pretty fair when comparing these two seasons. We went to the SB on Cam and the offense's shoulders along with a lot of very timely takeaways. The D was solid but was not the strength of that team, it gets overrated because of the SB appearance. 2013 really is the bar on D. That D waltzed their way to 12 wins despite an extremely underwhelming offense both in passing and rushing. It was frankly an all time great D that is overshadowed by the Seahawks also having an incredible D that year and by our 1 and done playoff appearance. When comparing this year so far to 2013, I'd say something like this, with plenty of time/room for 2021 to prove itself further:   2013 DL: A+ 2021 DL: A   2013 LB: A+ 2021 LB: B   2013 Secondary: B- 2021 Secondary: B+   2013 D Coaching: A+ 2021 D Coaching: A-
    • Have fun I got to work night shift. Keep Pounding. 
×
×
  • Create New...