Jump to content
  • Welcome!

    Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

    Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

    Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

     

Kiper Mock 2.0: Mac Jones to Panthers at #8.


Recommended Posts

17 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

Brady was a 6th round draft pick. He has always been an insanely level competitor and the stories about this are pretty legendary. That's a pretty rare thing to have so to assume someone like Jones is that guy, isn't wise. 

I am not a big Jones fan. I CERTAINLY would be upset to take him at #8 but if we take him in the second round, I would understand. 

He went to Alabama so he will be a First round.  I would take him also take him in the 2nd round.  The thing about Brady was his pocket presence and being able to slip and slide out of trouble.  Seem every time someone was about to get him he would move a foot and they would miss him and then deliver the ball to his receiver.  Not saying Jones will do that or has that ability.  I haven't seen him enough but what I have seen he can hit an open receiver and deliver a catchable ball.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

Brady was a 6th round draft pick. He has always been an insanely level competitor and the stories about this are pretty legendary. That's a pretty rare thing to have so to assume someone like Jones is that guy, isn't wise. 

I am not a big Jones fan. I CERTAINLY would be upset to take him at #8 but if we take him in the second round, I would understand. 

He went to Alabama so he will be a First round.  I would take him also take him in the 2nd round.  The thing about Brady was his pocket presence and being able to slip and slide out of trouble.  Seem every time someone was about to get him he would move a foot and they would miss him and then deliver the ball to his receiver.  Not saying Jones will do that or has that ability.  I haven't seen him enough but what I have seen he can hit an open receiver and deliver a catchable ball.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, ImaginaryKev said:

This, the top four guys all bring traits and talent to the table, after that everyone is a great backup prospect

I am an Lance choice guy.  I think he gives Carolina everything that Cam did plus throws catchable balls.  I have to go by what the draft experts say cause I don't have the film on him.  He could be the next Mahomes or the next Russell.  We won't get Lawrence, Wilson or Fields.  They will be gone by the time the pick comes to us.  The only thing we could do is trade with the Dolphins and give them #8 for Tua.  If go 2nd rounds we would need a temporary QB if we aren't keeping TB, but would we be drafting someone like Grier if we took Trask or Ehlinger.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

IDK, If we can slide back to 13/14th (Pats will take him at 15) and grab an extra pick (say a 2nd round) and then get Mac I wouldn't be upset. Not straight up at 8. The new GM doesn't look like his model is to draft 1st round QBs so I'm not sure they take a chance on Lance. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I am so starved to solve this QB problem I am starting to warm to the idea of Jones at 8.  🙄

If he gets in top shape and is dedicated to his craft there is some upside there IMO.

His total lack of athleticism is hard to get past doe

Edited by Shocker
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, cmichd54 said:

I am an Lance choice guy.  I think he gives Carolina everything that Cam did plus throws catchable balls.  I have to go by what the draft experts say cause I don't have the film on him.  He could be the next Mahomes or the next Russell.  We won't get Lawrence, Wilson or Fields.  They will be gone by the time the pick comes to us.  The only thing we could do is trade with the Dolphins and give them #8 for Tua.  If go 2nd rounds we would need a temporary QB if we aren't keeping TB, but would we be drafting someone like Grier if we took Trask or Ehlinger.

 

We have no idea how teams rate these guys, it's always a crapshoot and we're all gonna be surprised come draft day the order these players get selected. Literally happens every year which makes people quoting draft rankings doubly lame in this forum considering they're always wrong (not you, general observation of goofies on here). I don't know what's gonna happen but if we're doing comps Lance is a Josh Allen, Steven McNair kinda talent and Fields is super soldier serum Dak. Both of those types are perfect for this team and today's NFL and we have the coaching staff to make em both look, good, so I don't understand why people are so scared scared roll the dice. Watson is the dream deal for us, for economic and team reasons but if we can't get him we should he targeting one of these two guy. Imo. 

  • Pie 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ImaginaryKev said:

We have no idea how teams rate these guys, it's always a crapshoot and we're all gonna be surprised come draft day the order these players get selected. Literally happens every year which makes people quoting draft rankings doubly lame in this forum considering they're always wrong (not you, general observation of goofies on here). I don't know what's gonna happen but if we're doing comps Lance is a Josh Allen, Steven McNair kinda talent and Fields is super soldier serum Dak. Both of those types are perfect for this team and today's NFL and we have the coaching staff to make em both look, good, so I don't understand why people are so scared scared roll the dice. Watson is the dream deal for us, for economic and team reasons but if we can't get him we should he targeting one of these two guy. Imo. 

I don't want to give up what they are asking for Watson.  We are rebuilding and those draft picks will be worth something later down the road.  Like we giving the Redskins our First round picks for 2 years for Gilbert and how it set us back.  Just think of giving up 3 first and 2nd round picks for Watson.  He is not that damn good.  

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, cmichd54 said:

I don't want to give up what they are asking for Watson.  We are rebuilding and those draft picks will be worth something later down the road.  Like we giving the Redskins our First round picks for 2 years for Gilbert and how it set us back.  Just think of giving up 3 first and 2nd round picks for Watson.  He is not that damn good.  

 

Tepper will spend money to offset the cost of draft picks. I don't want to lose the players they're asking for, I can live with losing four firsts when we can spend money to fill holes with this rich ass owner and all of our young talent look like elites who you can build around minus a QB. The offensive line can be fixed with cheap free agents and better drafting which we seem to be doing if last year is an indicator. Plus our coaching staff coached the Senior Bowl, we have the inside scoop on those guys this year. I'm fine with going all in for Watson, or drafting a guy. 

Also, Watson is that good, check his stats. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • BELIEVE!!!

    jimmy-clausen.jpg

     

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • Here's Florio's summary of the full article... The Eagles reportedly treated former coach Doug Pederson like “a baby,” according to unnamed sources who claim that Pederson was beaten down by relentless second guessing. In 2019, for example, after a Thursday night win at Green Bay, Pederson was grilled by owner Jeffrey Lurie (an analytics aficionado) over the fact that Pederson hadn’t called more passes. “[Pederson] was ridiculed and criticized for every decision,” an unnamed source told TheAthletic.com. “If you won by three, it wasn’t enough. If you lost on a last-second field goal, you’re the worst coach in history.” Said another unnamed source, “The fact that Doug had the success he did with all the poo going on in the building, sometimes I look at our Super Bowl rings, and I’m like, ‘Holy cow, I don’t know how we did it.'” Per the report, the undermining of Pederson began in only his second season, which ended with a Super Bowl victory. Prior to the start of the 2017 campaign, word spread through the organization of a three-hour meeting between Lurie and defensive coordinator Jim Schwartz. Multiple unnamed sources told TheAthletic.com that “there was a feeling around the team that Lurie was vetting an in-house replacement for Pederson in the event the Eagles got off to a slow start.” The article points to tensions between football and analytics, a dynamic hardly unique to the Eagles. One unnamed source described the team’s analytics department to TheAthletic.com as a “clandestine, Black Ops department that doesn’t answer to anybody except the owner.” That’s how it currently works in plenty of NFL front offices. And it’s why so many coaches have embraced analytics. If they don’t, the analytics employees tell ownership that, if the coach had done what the analytics called for, the team would have won. Complicating matters in Philly is that owner Jeffrey Lurie is very involved in the draft preparations, and he always has been. But that’s his right, as the owner of the team, to be as involved or uninvolved as he wants. With most if not all owners finding a way to state preferences when it comes to huge decisions, it’s better if those owners actually have put in the work. In Philadephia, enough work was put in to win a Super Bowl. That’s the good news. The bad news is that things have collapsed quickly. Chances are that the failures in Philadelphia bear plenty of fingerprints.
    • According to Florio, the part about tension between football people and analytics people is a common thing (link) The article points to tensions between football and analytics, a dynamic hardly unique to the Eagles. One unnamed source described the team’s analytics department to TheAthletic.com as a “clandestine, Black Ops department that doesn’t answer to anybody except the owner.” That’s how it currently works in plenty of NFL front offices. And it’s why so many coaches have embraced analytics. If they don’t, the analytics employees tell ownership that, if the coach had done what the analytics called for, the team would have won.
    • Could this be an agent play? The tag for lb is basically unusable for off the ball players. So this removed the option for the team to use the lower safety tag as leverage.
×
×
  • Create New...