• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

QBs write up from BR

raleigh-panther

5 minutes ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

What we believe will happen and what we know has happened are two entirely different things.

What we know has happened is that Mahomes was on his rookie contract and that KC had already built a playoff caliber team before Patrick became a starter.

Again, we know Tom prioritized winning championships over getting record breaking contracts. Also, Tampa had already built a talented team of top draft picks thanks to years of failure before Tom Brady ever arrived.  

Breaking the bank and giving away the farm for a franchise QB prior to building a strong core of players is the Exact Opposite of what the "last few winning Super Bowl teams" have done.

We have a strong core minus experience and a QB and depth. Which I already explained can be acquired in the next two years. This is our situation, which is clearly unique bc we did something no other tram has done and spent and entire draft draft find some defensive starters, and that bore fruit btw. Trading for Deshaun will not derail it esp since we're dealing with the same org that traded away the leagues best WR for peanuts lol so we might be able to make them fug up and trade their best for peanuts again

Edited by ImaginaryKev

12 minutes ago, ImaginaryKev said:

We have a strong core minus experience and a QB and depth. Which I already explained can be acquired in the next two years. This is This is situation. Trading for Deshaun not derail it esp since we're dealing with the same org that traded away the leagues best WR for peanuts lol

We have a small core of talented players, many of which have been speculated to be part of a trade deal for Watson.

This team is easily in the lower half of the league when it comes to having talented players.  As you say, the Panthers also lack depth at just about every position imaginable. 

I can't see where taking on a huge contract of a QB, while giving up core players and high draft picks for multiple years, bodes well for the future of this franchise.

My advice to the Panthers leadership would be...

When you're in a hole stop digging.

Edited by NanuqoftheNorth
  • Pie 1

10 minutes ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

We have a small core of talented players, many of which have been speculated to be part of a trade deal for Watson.

This team is easily in the lower half of the league when it comes to having talented players.  As you say, the Panthers also lack depth at just about every position imaginable. 

I can't see where taking on a huge contract of a QB, while giving up core players and high draft picks for multiple years, bodes well for the future of this franchise.

My advice to the Panthers leadership would be...

When you're in a hole stop digging.

Yeah those are reportedly what it will cost to get him but their negotiating history says they won't get fsir returns for Watson and their coaching hire is an even bigger sign that they haven't learned anything. That's also why Deshaun is worth calling about. 

43 minutes ago, ImaginaryKev said:

And even Tom Brady got tired of taking less to improve the team and forced his way to TB. Plus Mahomes is gonna get there again and again and he's gotten paid. He made the superbowl the first year of his extension and the chiefs also found a way to retain their best players. It can be done, we have the talent ALREADY to support Deshaun, esp on offense. I'm not sure why you're so scared to spend someone else's money 

In like the 10th thing you have gotten wrong today, Mahomes extension and salary didnt kick in this year.  But by all means keep drawing with crayons brother just dont eat them

https://overthecap.com/player/patrick-mahomes/5594/

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

In like the 10th thing you have gotten wrong today, Mahomes extension and salary didnt kick in this year.  But by all means keep drawing with crayons brother just dont eat them

https://overthecap.com/player/patrick-mahomes/5594/

Quit insulting people on a message board bc you need an outlet to be aggressive without beating your wife, dipshit

4 minutes ago, ImaginaryKev said:

Yeah those are reportedly what it will cost to get him but their negotiating history says they won't get fsir returns for Watson and their coaching hire is an even bigger sign that they haven't learned anything. That's also why Deshaun is worth calling about. 

By all means, explore every possible avenue towards improving the team, including negotiations for Watson.

If the Panthers end up getting Watson at a fire sale discount, by all means pull the trigger!

I simply don't see it happening.

Having said that, anything is possible.

Just now, NanuqoftheNorth said:

By all means, explore every possible avenue towards improving the team, including negotiations for Watson.

If the Panthers end up getting Watson at a fire sale discount, by all means pull the trigger!

I simply don't see it happening.

Having said that, anything is possible.

Yeah same, I'm just telling how I'd talk myself into it. Good discussion, outside people talking poo notwithstanding

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, ImaginaryKev said:

Me and Nanuq were having a good discussion, this guy is just talking poo to make himself feel good

Things you have been wrong about today

1. That Tepper can spend whatever he wants to offset losing draft picks

2. That 4 qbs have been drafted in the first 7 picks

3. That a top 5 pick has sat for 2 years in the modern era

4. That mahomes and his new contract made the super bowl

I am sure there are a few more but those are the ones that stick out but by all means carry on because we are all laughing at you