• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Trade up for Wilson

I just see Miami being more likely to stick with Tua than the Jets sticking with Darnold. 

I think CMC would be most enticing to the Dolphins  just because they are all ready a good team, he could be seen as that last piece, not to mention would be good for Tua’s development.

13 minutes ago, AU-panther said:

I just see Miami being more likely to stick with Tua than the Jets sticking with Darnold. 

I think CMC would be most enticing to the Dolphins  just because they are all ready a good team, he could be seen as that last piece, not to mention would be good for Tua’s development.

I think that is true, but I can see both happening.  The real question is if the Jets think Darnold can recover, can he do it with them or are things so far gone that he needs a complete change?  New York is a tough fan base, especially Jets fans who see buzzards circling constantly (and for pretty good reason).

All other things being equal, I think the Dolphins are more likely to hang onto the #3 pick.  They are close, and they may not have a chance to pick that high again for a while.  They can address needs at WR or OL in that spot in a major way. 

However (a word defined as disregard everything before this word), all other things are not equal.  The Dolphins also need a RB and I don't see them pulling that trigger at #3.  If they could parlay the #3 pick into CMC and the #8 pick, which will still get them a top-notch WR, OL, or LB (all needs for them) that would be a major win for them.  They also have their own #18 pick, and there should be some quality players available in their areas of need there, too. 

I really don't see the Dolphins moving on from Tua unless maybe they could get their hands on Watson at an acceptable price.  And you are right, potentially putting CMC and a top-tier WR with him could greatly enhance Tua's (or anybody's) development. 

The Dolphins are a lot closer than we are, and a heckuva lot closer than the Jets. That would mean they could potentially fill three positions of need with people who start from day one before the first round is over.  For a team that is close, that is hard to pass up.

• Beer 1