• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Something in the water at PSU

Untouchable

If confirmed, the PSU strength and conditioning program has to be one of the tops in the nation. YGM reportedly hit high 4.5 to low 4.6 range last year pushing 270 lbs. Parsons in the low 4.4s. Oweh at 256 lbs running 4.38 is unreal.

SC's Horn is the other notable time in there. I've seen him as high as CB1 for some people but that time might lock him in the top 15-20 at this point.

I played FCS college football back in the day (80s). DBs are now as big as the TEs were then.  I was a 6-2, 225 lb. TE and I ran a respectable  4.8 40--I used to brag about that--a good time for my size. I never thought I was going to the NFL, but 6 or 7 of my teammates did.  A DB minded their manners and never reached 200 lbs or much taller than 5'10".  An average lineman was 270-275 lbs,  although we did have a T that was 6-8, 328 lbs- he sucked (wore a size 9 helmet--who does that?).  Our RBs, one of which transferred from Georgia because a Freshman named Hershel Walker took his job, ran a 4.5-4.6 and was considered fast.  The athletes today are freaks.

This is incredible.  a 250lb man does not run a 4.38.  He should be arrested. 

• Pie 3

There are a lot of suspiciously fast times coming out of these things. I suspected there would be with no Combine to level the field.

As far as speed goes, S&C programs can certainly help, but for the most part it's up to mom and dad. There's a reason for the old adage "you can't coach speed".

18 hours ago, SOJA said:

Yea was hoping for Newsome in the second and I don't think he lasts that long. 

Newsome or an OT in the second though would be incredible, particularly if we are able to get the QB we want at 8

Yep. Outside of QB, LT and CB are our two big "premium position" roster holes.

• Pie 1

• 3 weeks later...