• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Go on record. Who still wants Watson?

Sasquatch

33 minutes ago, Bigdaddy8523 said:

This lawyer is whacky at best.

If he was legit I may have some concerns but he's not wrapped too tight imo.

You should probably check yourself there pal...

...while you may not like him or his demeanor, "this lawyer" is one of 3-or-4 of the  very best in Texas and is personally worth about $700 million as a result of his incredible ability as a barrister.

Your post is total nonsense, as nonsensical as in possible in the space of 2 sentences.

Edited by SizzleBuzz

3 minutes ago, Jacabee said:
53 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

You can watch it here and form your own opinions if you like:  https://www.facebook.com/BigSargeSportz/videos/759982051324881/

Counselor Buzbee shows up about the 4-minute mark so go ahead and fast-forward to that point...

Thank you SizzleBuzz. Although I  often find myself disagreeing with your pro-corporate stances, I do think any discussion on this issue would be well served by people at least listening to and considering this. 

Cheers mate.

I watched the video and nothing in it led me to believe DW shouldn't continue to be availed of the presumption of innocence...

...just another tile in the mosaic.

15 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

Cheers mate.

I watched the video and nothing in it led me to believe DW shouldn't continue to be availed of the presumption of innocence...

...just another tile in the mosaic.

This press conference, while ironically neatly serving as a summary of the allegations, adds nothing to the big picture other than naked dramatization of the allegations in the Complaint. How are you helping your client with this (which is any attorneys obligation)? 

Edited by Jacabee

Beyond that, I reserve any judgment in any direction. There are several streams of reported facts that just don’t quite line up. We’ll see. I would say that any judge worth their salt should be seriously evaluating the nature of the representation and dividing it accordingly 

4 minutes ago, Jacabee said:

I would say that any judge worth their salt should be seriously evaluating the nature of the representation and dividing it accordingly 

You do realize these complaints specifically request jury trials?

Are you aware of the the insane level of success Buzbee has had in this forum?

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, Jacabee said:
4 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

Is it not obvious?

By dragging ostensible rape victims into the court of public opinion? Depleting the earning potential of your projected judgment debtor? No, please explain....

LOL...

All Buzbee's clients are 100% in agreement with the tactics being employed.

If a settlement is reached it won't hinge on "earnings potential"...

...he'll either write some checks and be done with it, or he'll be in jail...

...OR, he'll be on the other side and collecting checks -- now that part definitely could hinge on "earnings potential" -- and the expectations there should be low!!

8 minutes ago, Jacabee said:

Hehe, I have not paid close enough attention to Texas politics and attorneys but I’ll assume it’s substantial based on your representations. What is it based on in your opinion?

He's a whacky dude...

...but is brilliant and has secured $1-billion+ worth of settlements for his clients over time.   

He's the real deal. 

Has lots of critics but would be the first phone call for most of the critics should they find themselves in a pinch where he could help...

Edited by SizzleBuzz

9 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

LOL...

All Buzbee's clients are 100% in agreement with the tactics being employed.

If a settlement is reached it won't hinge on "earnings potential"...

...he'll either write some checks and be done with it, or he'll be in jail...

...OR, he'll be on the other side and collecting checks -- now that part definitely could hinge on "earnings potential" -- and the expectations there should be low!!

If settlement was the angle, your leverage was going public. A settlement offer of under 1 million was extended and rejected from what Watson has said right?

I don’t quite understand the assertion that “he”ll write some checks or be in jail”.  I’m assuming you mean a judgment for something will be entered and he’ll have to pay his dues. Unless a criminal complaint is filed, this is not on the table. 

Last, you posit he could just get off and his pay should suffer nonetheless?

Eh, who knows what happened...that’s why we have evidence laws and courts to review them. It’s also why we have ethics laws for attorneys and why it’s wrong for Buzbee to be dramatizing the allegations of his complaint in a press conference.

I do still want Watson...bc I honestly just cannot shake the feeling that this is somehow connected to the Texans, McNair, Texas billionaire ego etc. I don’t think Deshaun has ever been in trouble in his life. All of a sudden this? To me this is as shocking as if something like this came out about someone like Brees or Brady. DW just had too much to lose to do something like this imo. 

However it’ll all come out one way or another.

As far as what the Panthers will ACTUALLY do...I expect them to drag it out basically until the draft starts..low ball the Texans to see if they bite. If they don’t I think they’ll do whatever it takes to get Zach Wilson from the Jets. Which....I think they’ll succeed bc it’ll be a ton of capital and the Jets are gonna ride with Darnold and actually give him some weapons/good coaching and see if that fixes him.