• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Just an idea.

antame

And sorry if it's been discussed ad nauseum. What do guys think of Jamarr Chase and what would it take to get there? He'll almost certainly be gone at 8 right? Failing a franchise QB, I wouldn't mind Chase at all. The guy is uncoverable. I wouldn't mind 12 years of Steve Smith the II.

Edited by antame

1 hour ago, antame said:

And sorry if it's been discussed ad nauseum. What do guys think of Jamarr Chase and what would it take to get there? He'll almost certainly be gone at 8 right? Failing a franchise QB, I wouldn't mind Chase at all. The guy is uncoverable. I wouldn't mind 12 years of Steve Smith the II.

I would rather draft a kicker that can boot it 70 yards at 8 than watch another 3 years of Teddy throwing 2 yard passes to dynamic recievers.

• Pie 2
  • Flames 3

I think Chase is a lot better than a dynamic receiver. He's obviously better than anyone else on the field and he knows it. So do the guys trying to cover him. Dare I say it, like Steve Smith.

Edited by antame

at the end of the day, if we are unable to attain our franchise QB that we can win SuperBowls with for a do-able price @8, I'm all for taking BPA/trade back to build up a team and then take a shot at the QB down the line.   

dont give up the farm for an "aight" QB. Im all for doing that if its THE guy, otherwise dont over extend for the "aight" QB and prepare for next year's crop. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

10 minutes ago, The Huddler said:

at the end of the day, if we are unable to attain our franchise QB that we can win SuperBowls with for a do-able price @8, I'm all for taking BPA/trade back to build up a team and then take a shot at the QB down the line.   

dont give up the farm for an "aight" QB. Im all for doing that if its THE guy, otherwise dont over extend for the "aight" QB and prepare for next year's crop. 

I think so too..

Just now, kungfoodude said:

I am not against adding another elite WR but Anderson and Moore are coming up on deals. I would think making that move would signal that one of them isn't returning.

Otherwise, it's definitely ignoring much more pressing needs.

Actually I think Chase is that good. As in, DBs have to line up 6 yards off, snap the ball, throw immediately to the sideline and you got 9 and a half yards, every time. Like smith used to do. You remember right?

21 minutes ago, antame said:

Actually I think Chase is that good. As in, DBs have to line up 6 yards off, snap the ball, throw immediately to the sideline and you got 9 and a half yards, every time. Like smith used to do. You remember right?

Yeah, you know we don't have a guy that can throw to him effectively, right?

You know we don't have an OL to protect that guy that doesn't throw downfield often, right?

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

Yeah, you know we don't have a guy that can throw to him effectively, right?

You know we don't have an OL to protect that guy that doesn't throw downfield often, right?

Of course. But Ryan Fitzpatrick could do that. And our OL isn't that bad, except v the Saints, for some reason.

Hey! Let's draft Pitts! He's uncoverable!

Hey! Let's draft Chase! He's uncoverable!

What good are dynamic receivers if no one can get them the ball? What does it matter how open they are if our QB is running for his life or on his ass?

I honestly wonder if you guys have ever even watched football.