• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Just an idea.

antame

Just now, Pup McBarky said:

Hey! Let's draft Pitts! He's uncoverable!

Hey! Let's draft Chase! He's uncoverable!

What good are dynamic receivers if no one can get them the ball? What does it matter how open they are if our QB is running for his life or on his ass?

I honestly wonder if you guys have ever even watched football.

In fact I have, and that's why I think he's that good. I don't throw superlatives around. And of course that's not the entire answer.

4 minutes ago, antame said:

I agree, but not not in this case.

What do you mean not in this case, have you LOOKED at our roster?

We have TONS of needs ahead of WR where a top 8 pick would be TREMENDOUSLY helpful.  Yes, we need a QB.  Also, a CB.  And a LT.

Even if the run on QB's happens and the top four are gone, we'll still have the opportunity to pick Surtain, Sewell or Slater.  Any of which help us more than a guy who will have to fight for playing time with Anderson and Moore already established.

Pick 8 needs to be a guy who is an immediate, unquestioned starter.  As good as Chase may become, he's not that on this team.  At best, he's sharing snaps.  We don't need that.

24 minutes ago, antame said:

I agree, but not

in this case.

No, it's way, way down the list. QB, offensive line, DB, Safety, MLB, TE are all in front of WR on this list right now. Maybe a late round WR for depth and attempting to mine a gem, but there's really not a good reason to skip on those other things.

27 minutes ago, BrianS said:

What do you mean not in this case, have you LOOKED at our roster?

We have TONS of needs ahead of WR where a top 8 pick would be TREMENDOUSLY helpful.  Yes, we need a QB.  Also, a CB.  And a LT.

Even if the run on QB's happens and the top four are gone, we'll still have the opportunity to pick Surtain, Sewell or Slater.  Any of which help us more than a guy who will have to fight for playing time with Anderson and Moore already established.

Pick 8 needs to be a guy who is an immediate, unquestioned starter.  As good as Chase may become, he's not that on this team.  At best, he's sharing snaps.  We don't need that.

I agree with your points, except the last one. That guy is going be a baller from day 1. If Im wrong, Ill eat my hat.

Obviously we shouldn't be looking for WR. And we need a QB more than anything else. But unless we get Watson, I don't see a sure thing in the draft, do you?

My question is, would it cost us anything to reach for for Chase, and if so, what?

Edited by antame

26 minutes ago, jfra78 said:

I think we should stay at 8, if the top 4 QBs are gone get BPA at a position of need.  I personally don't think it's a position of need, but if he somehow falls to 8, I can see the Panthers doing it

It would be lovely. Then move valuable players to fill positions of need.

Edited by antame