• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Yall ain't gonna wanna hear this but

RumHam

2 hours ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

I’m not going to poo on this because you have a point to some extent. But if you take the Patriots dynasty (recent winners of the lowest scoring super bowl in history), it was largely defense, the Seahawks success was largely defense and the Bucs defense shut down KC and the most dynamic offense in the league in the super bowl last season. 

Strong defense has never lost relevance in this league. Offense has its place but suggesting elite defenses have been replaced by elite offense is absolutely not true.

Seattle comparison's hard because the planets just aligned for them with Wilson

Edited by MechaZain

2 minutes ago, MechaZain said:

Seattle comparison's hard because the planets just aligned for them with Wilson

Yes but my point is their defense was the focal point to that team. Wilson has been a great QB, but at their best it was the renowned ‘Legion of Boom’ that they were known for. Their defense was the driving force to their success.

Just now, TheMostInterestingMan said:

Yes but my point is their defense was the focal point to that team. Wilson has been a great QB, but at their best it was the renowned ‘Legion of Boom’ that they were known for. Their defense was the driving force to their success.

Yeah but if they hadn't stumbled upon their franchise QB in the third round when they did they may have never capitalized on it.

I agree with you though. Elite defenses take more pressure off the offense than the reverse. If we fix the defense we're a QB away from being scary.

• Beer 1