• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What in the everloving fruit of the loom croissant butter is this?

Zod

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Your opinions don't count as facts.

And statements like "I'll put my track record up against the Panthers staff" lets me know you're not really worth talking to.

Blowhards who basically think "I'm right because I'm brilliant and I always am" are boring.

Of course not. It took me one post to show that your statements were garbage. You still haven’t provided ANYTHING to back up your comments. Just blaming me to avoid the issue. And I can make that statement because the proof is all on here. Pick a move. Pick a decision. Let’s see how I thought it would go, and then see what happened after. Then we can do the current staff. 

It isn’t surprising people with knowledge tends to bore you. It’s much easier for those who are clueless to just believe what they need to believe. Just create your own reality. Well done. 

• Beer 1

Just now, Toomers said:

Of course not. It took me one post to show that your statements were garbage. You still haven’t provided ANYTHING to back up your comments. Just blaming me to avoid the issue. And I can make that statement because the proof is all on here. Pick a move. Pick a decision. Let’s see how I thought it would go, and then see what happened after. Then we can do the current staff. 

It isn’t surprising people with knowledge tends to bore you. It’s much easier for those who are clueless to just believe what they need to believe. Just create your own reality. Well done. 

People who think they're smart bore me.

There's no less convincing way of making me think you're intelligent than saying "I'm intelligent".

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

Ask Rhule. He basically affirmed it.

Just out of curiosity, are you planning to be salty about them going with Darnold over who you wanted for the rest of the year or will you be letting this go at some point?

If Fields balls out in Chicago and Sammy looks like he always has, it will be a lot longer than a year.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

People who think they're smart bore me.

There's no less convincing way of making me think you're intelligent than saying "I'm intelligent".

That’s been obvious for years. Anyone that disagrees with you, bores you. And when you can’t respond, much like this situation, you deflect to this ole classic to take the focus off the real issue. You don’t have a clue. If it wasn’t for copy/paste you wouldn’t even exist. I’m sure this is much easier than giving any reason at all for exercising that 5th year option. If it was such an obviously good move, I would think there would be many. But it’s easier to attack me than make up stuff that doesn’t exist to support your statement. 

• Beer 2

50 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

You can criticize however you want, but likewise those of us who think your opinion is stupid and uninformed can say so.

Your only opinion is, "the team did it and they are professionals, so they must be right." Ignoring that people get fired from the NFL every year for not knowing what the hell they are doing. And most never sniff another NFL job again afterwards. For all the time, energy and money that teams put into scouting, their results are no better than throwing darts at a board. Why exactly are we not allowed to question these experts? 

• Beer 1

6 minutes ago, Toomers said:

That’s been obvious for years. Anyone that disagrees with you, bores you. And when you can’t respond, much like this situation, you deflect to this ole classic to take the focus off the real issue. You don’t have a clue. If it wasn’t for copy/paste you wouldn’t even exist. I’m sure this is much easier than giving any reason at all for exercising that 5th year option. If it was such an obviously good move, I would think there would be many. But it’s easier to attack me than make up stuff that doesn’t exist to support your statement. 

See, what's extremely funny here is that inbetween telling everyone how smart you are, you're saying things that make it pretty clear you don't even understand what we're discussing 😃

I've said plenty of times that I don't know if Darnold will succeed, but the Panthers believe he will. They might end up being right. They might not. I don't know.

Meanwhile, your response is basically "I KNOW THEY'RE WRONG BECAUSE IM RIGHT AND MY RECORD AS A MONDAY MORNING QUARTERBACK PROVES I'M RIGHT AND SHOWS HOW SMART I AM!!!"

Sure, dude 😆

• Beer 1

Just now, Stumpy said:

Your only opinion is, "the team did it and they are professionals, so they must be right." Ignoring that people get fired from the NFL every year for not knowing what the hell they are doing. And most never sniff another NFL job again afterwards. For all the time, energy and money that teams put into scouting, their results are no better than throwing darts at a board. Why exactly are we not allowed to question these experts? 

Where did I guarantee they're right?

(Hint: I didn't)

That they're professionals and we're just fans is valid, but professionals are wrong plenty.

Just now, Stumpy said:

Sophmoric rubes whose only arguments are appeals to authority are worse. 

Helps a lot of you actually understand what you're reading.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

See, what's extremely funny here is that inbetween telling everyone how smart you are, you're saying things that make it pretty clear you don't even understand what we're discussing 😃

I've said plenty of times that I don't know if Darnold will succeed, but the Panthers believe he will. They might end up being right. They might not. I don't know.

Meanwhile, your response is basically "I KNOW THEY'RE WRONG BECAUSE IM RIGHT AND MY RECORD AS A MONDAY MORNING QUARTERBACK PROVES I'M RIGHT AND SHOWS HOW SMART I AM!!!"

Sure, dude 😆

I’ve only specifically talked about the option. You threw the bait out there. Yes or no? I answered. As I have before. You know exactly why you made that post. Problem is, you still can’t find a benefit of exercising it. But still claim that anyone who thought otherwise was wrong to even suggest it. 

I don’t know if he’s going to be good or not. But I sure as hell wouldn’t have committed 19M more to it without any real upside for for doing it. You keep on deflecting but it’s simple to see who knows what we are discussing. All that effort and you still got nothing to back it up. It’s just gotten sad. 

• Beer 1

13 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Where did I guarantee they're right?

(Hint: I didn't)

That they're professionals and we're just fans is valid, but professionals are wrong plenty.

Helps a lot of you actually understand what you're reading.

Where did I say you did?  It helps if you actually understand what you are reading. 

• Beer 1

For those who dislike that we stuck with Darnold ( it’s known I wanted Fields ) compare Darnolds numbers against the Dolphins and Patriots and then compare it to everyone else. He was fine. He got completely owned by the Pats and Dolphins and he has like 16 TDs to 6 INTs in his career against the NFC, 

Its a known he sucked against the Pats and Phins. But being objective you’ll see against everyone else combined he looked like a good young QB. 

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, Toomers said:

I’ve only specifically talked about the option. You threw the bait out there. Yes or no? I answered. As I have before. You know exactly why you made that post. Problem is, you still can’t find a benefit of exercising it. But still claim that anyone who thought otherwise was wrong to even suggest it. 

I don’t know if he’s going to be good or not. But I sure as hell wouldn’t have committed 19M more to it without any real upside for for doing it. You keep on deflecting but it’s simple to see who knows what we are discussing. All that effort and you still got nothing to back it up. It’s just gotten sad. 

I said they were always going to exercise the option, not why. As far as a reason? Well, trading three picks for a one year rental would be pretty stupid.

As to the rest, keep trying, dude 😆

2 minutes ago, Varking said:

For those who dislike that we stuck with Darnold ( it’s known I wanted Fields ) compare Darnolds numbers against the Dolphins and Patriots and then compare it to everyone else. He was fine. He got completely owned by the Pats and Dolphins and he has like 16 TDs to 6 INTs in his career against the NFC, 

Its a known he sucked against the Pats and Phins. But being objective you’ll see against everyone else combined he looked like a good young QB. 

I haven't watched that much of Darnold, and what I did see wasn't good.

We do know however that both Fitterer and Rhule watched the film of his entire Jets career. After all that, they decided he was worth the trade.

Here's hoping they're right.

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

I said they were always going to exercise the option, not why. As far as a reason? Well, trading three picks for a one year rental would be pretty stupid.

As to the rest, keep trying, dude 😆

That’s not a reason at all. If he’s a complete flop as he has been are you starting him next year because they gave a 2nd for him? I don’t think so. 

No effort involved. I can site actual numbers and facts and you make up theories like the one above. It’s your calling card of ignorance and has been for a long time. 

• Beer 1