• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

No matter what happens

CPsinceDay1

25 minutes ago, Pup McBarky said:

Except that is not my stance. It's fine to question our professional staff's decisions. Hell, professionals make mistakes all the time. But you claimed to be "concerned" that our professional staff didn't have some basic football knowledge...that a franchise QB was not a common commodity. Do you stand by that "concern?" 

Yeah, I do. Time will tell whether it's founded or not. 

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yeah, I do. Time will tell whether it's founded or not. 

So, by inference, you believe you know better than they do. Not about a single decision, mind you, but about a basic piece of football knowledge. 

That's what I thought, just wanted confirmation. 

7 minutes ago, Pup McBarky said:

So, by inference, you believe you know better than they do. Not about a single decision, mind you, but about a basic piece of football knowledge. 

That's what I thought, just wanted confirmation. 

They may think they don't need a legit franchise QB. They're certainly acting like it. I would strongly disagree.

Anytime anyone disagrees with any move we make, they're implying they know better than the team.

They may think they don't need a legit franchise QB. They're certainly acting like it. I would strongly disagree.

Anytime anyone disagrees with any move we make, they're implying they know better than the team.

Them going after Stafford, and if the rumors are to be believed Watson, kinda puts snag in your theory.

Did they chose wisely?  Time will tell.

Personally I'm just digging a different approach.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Just now, Jon Snow said:

Them going after Stafford, and if the rumors are to be believed Watson, kinda puts snag in your theory.

Did they chose wisely?  Time will tell.

Personally I'm just digging a different approach.

Our value on Stafford showed we weren't willing to go anywhere near actual market value. I'm not sure that at all indicates they value the position like many other teams.

For all we know, Watson couldn't been a man crush of Tepper's and the football guys may not have been willing to come anywhere near paying the price.

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Our value on Stafford showed we weren't willing to go anywhere near actual market value. I'm not sure that at all indicates they value the position like many other teams.

For all we know, Watson couldn't been a man crush of Tepper's and the football guys may not have been willing to come anywhere near paying the price.

I think the Panthers Confidential shows Tepper is pretty involved in all the decisions made. He is definitely a hands on owner.

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Do you really think Stat Padford is worth 2 1sts, a 3rd, and a player? 

That seems like a Hurney move and I am glad we did not make it. 

Market value?  What does that mean?  The team set the value for Matt Stafford by what they were willing to sacrifice to get him.  This isn't Madden.

The inference is that they do value the position and are trying to address it without crippling the team.

Face it man you just are extremely upset over them not valuing Fields as much as you did.  You could be right and he is the GOAT.  There's just too much that goes into a players success to try to predict who's going to succeed or not.

• Beer 1

Just now, Jon Snow said:

Market value?  What does that mean?  The team set the value for Matt Stafford by what they were willing to sacrifice to get him.  This isn't Madden.

The inference is that they do value the position and are trying to address it without crippling the team.

Face it man you just are extremely upset over them not valuing Fields as much as you did.  You could be right and he is the GOAT.  There's just too much that goes into a players success to try to predict who's going to succeed or not.

Market value is market value. It's whatever the market will bear. The Niners offered a lot more.

I'm over Fields. I'm not over dumpster diving for QBs. 

6 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Right. About that one decision. Not about basic football knowledge. That's the difference in saying, "We drafted the wrong guy" and saying, "We should focus more on 6th rounders because that's where Tom Brady was drafted." One of those is a legit complaint; the other is based on a lack of basic NFL football knowledge.

Just now, Pup McBarky said:

Right. About that one decision. Not about basic football knowledge. That's the difference in saying, "We drafted the wrong guy" and saying, "We should focus more on 6th rounders because that's where Tom Brady was drafted." One of those is a legit complaint; the other is based on a lack of basic NFL football knowledge.

They may not think the concept of a "franchise QB" is necessary. I would disagree, but maybe they think they're gonna throw it back old school and win with a great roster and a mediocre QB. I don't see it happening, but we'll see.

1 minute ago, Pup McBarky said:

The amount of fans that believe this is actually stunning.

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

Market value is market value. It's whatever the market will bear. The Niners offered a lot more.

I'm over Fields. I'm not over dumpster diving for QBs. 

The Niners were also in a better position to do so.  I'm extremely happy that the Panthers didn't give up that for him by the way.  Time will tell if the Niners chose wisely as well.

Patience my friend, another man's trash and all that.  I'm not ready to predict how the season will play out just yet but it will not be as hard to watch as last season for me.  Even with average an QB this team will make some noise.

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

The Niners were also in a better position to do so.  I'm extremely happy that the Panthers didn't give up that for him by the way.  Time will tell if the Niners chose wisely as well.

Patience my friend, another man's trash and all that.  I'm not ready to predict how the season will play out just yet but it will not be as hard to watch as last season for me.  Even with average an QB this team will make some noise.

Well, Darnold has never been average in his career so....it could also be a lot worse to watch. We have to at least be somewhat prepared for that possibility, as well. 

His playing style should be more fun to watch. That I am expecting.